ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) - marriage certificate required again?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shasus7

SET (M) form - strange English language question

Post by shasus7 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:32 am

Hi all,

I'm filling out Set(M) form for my wife that we are planning to submit on 3rd Jan 2020, but got stumped at 'knowledge of the English language' question! The question is as follows (and mighty weird):

"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013? (Required)
Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application."

Obviously, we've answered 'No' for now since she hasn't applied for an indefinite leave application before. However, this resulted in the following issues and unanswered questions:

1. Whether we answer Yes or No, it doesn't ask for any other details of the certificate or anything else! This is it!
2. Document checklist doesn't have Life in the UK test certificate and English language certificate as requirements.
3. So, what is the right answer and how to tackle this issue? Is it an error in their form? anyone else has experienced this or is it just an isolated incident for us?
4. FYI....she has both certificates recently completed and we are planning to upload both regardless of the checklist. In addition, she had used B1 level tests for FLR(m) applications before (although lower level would've sufficed)
5. Logically, why would someone in their right mind apply for set(m) if they had obtained settlement before as per the question itself??!!

Btw may I take this opportunity to thanks everyone who contributes here for the fantastic job they do...you are all legends :)

Kind regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) form - strange English language question

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:45 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shasus7

Re: SET (M) form - strange English language question

Post by shasus7 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:08 pm

Thanks Zimba for your quick reply and the link. As you've suggested, we'll answer 'No' and upload the documents anyway as it seems the right thing to do.

Kind regards

shasus7

SET(M) - marriage certificate required again?

Post by shasus7 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi All,

I'm working on my wife's SET(M) application due to be submitted soon. I have a quick question:

Do we have to upload and submit the marriage certificate again with SET(M)? We've previously submitted this twice with two FLR(M) applications.

Document checklist doesn't have any requirement for marriage certificate, but then again it doesn't have Life in the UK test and English language certificate either which we know are required. So, we are taking the doc checklist as a bit of a suspect!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET(M) - marriage certificate required again?

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Yes it will be needed again. You should upload its copy along with other cohabitation evidences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:33 pm
Yes it will be needed again. You should upload its copy along with other cohabitation evidences.
Thanks seagul

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:56 pm

shasus7 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:48 pm
Hi All,

Another quick question about SET(M) application if anyone can help please.

Do we need to scan every page of all the passports? There are a lot of empty pages in our passports!

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
As a precaution just scan all pages.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.