ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen with EEA unmarried partner - EEA FP for my extended family

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Exever
Newly Registered
Slovakia

British citizen with EEA unmarried partner - EEA FP for my extended family

Post by Exever » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:48 am

Hi all,

I have British citizenship and have been dating my EEA partner for 3 years now. We plan to get married Summer 2020. I would like my 2 brothers and a sister present and if possible relocated. Visiting visas are very hard to fulfill requirements and I failed twice wasting money as well.

a) To apply for EEA family permit for extended family members, do I need to already be married to my partner before applying for EEA family permit?

b) If applying as an unmarried partner intending to get married later next year, what is the minimum number of months to show we’ve been living together? A friend advises 3 months living together. Aside both our names on bills, is there any more required to evidence partnership? The guidance on the government website is unclear.

c) My partner has been in the UK for 14 years and works full time (exercising treaty rights). I left my full time job to retrain as a nurse this year. Is it possible to have all 3 applications at once or only one at a time allowed? Please, any advice from people who have had same experience or how this works is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

vinny

Re: British citizen with EEA unmarried partner - EEA FP for my extended family

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:31 am

b) Normally, they expect 2 years’, akin to marriage, evidence of a durable relationship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Exever wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:48 am
I have British citizenship and have been dating my EEA partner for 3 years now. We plan to get married Summer 2020. I would like my 2 brothers and a sister present and if possible relocated. Visiting visas are very hard to fulfill requirements and I failed twice wasting money as well.

a) To apply for EEA family permit for extended family members, do I need to already be married to my partner before applying for EEA family permit?
Unless I'm missing something, they need to have successfully applied before the 1st February 2017 - Regulation 8(7)(a) of the EEA Regulations imposes the limit. That restriction also appears in Appendix EU of the Immigration Rules. The EEA route appears to have been closed to them.

Exever
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Post by Exever » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:01 am

Thank you for your reply. Sounds like a dead end. Any thoughts from anyonelse?