ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAn overseas visitors to UK but Health Care here?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gollywood
Member of Standing

CAn overseas visitors to UK but Health Care here?

Post by gollywood » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:36 pm

A visitor & their child arrived from India last week - at short notice.

They were due to arrive in September, but pushed their visit forward due to a bereavment in UK and simply didnt have time to sort this out back home

Are they able to purchase some form of health cover in the UK? Reqd for approx 6 weeks?

If yes, any suggestions / links etc

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:23 am

They should get insurance, in case of emergency nhs may refuse or a huge bill may come and sponsor is in trouble or pay or blacklisted

insurance are not to costly compare to medical cost and risk involved

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:34 pm

Thanks - where do we purchase this insurance from?

Any ideas/links etc

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:10 pm

I don't know, travel insurance perhaps? You might be able to find such insurance here, but they might well issue it only to people resident in the UK. I don't know. Alternatively, perhaps organised from India: I don't know that you would have to be in India to contract an arrangement with a travel insurer there.

Do they already have travel insurance? If so, that should cover medical treatment for new conditions and emergencies...

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Christophe wrote:I don't know, travel insurance perhaps? You might be able to find such insurance here, but they might well issue it only to people resident in the UK. I don't know. Alternatively, perhaps organised from India: I don't know that you would have to be in India to contract an arrangement with a travel insurer there.

Do they already have travel insurance? If so, that should cover medical treatment for new conditions and emergencies...
No - they only had 24 hours notice to get here, so didnt have time to arrange the travel insurance or healthcare - these things can take forever back home unfortunately due to slow/lazy administration & bureacracy.

Desperate to find out what we can do now that they are here - dont want to be lumbered with any potential medical bills!

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Gollywood, try searching for things such as "Travel insurance for non-UK residents" or "Travel insurance for overseas residents" on Google UK (for pages from the UK). Have fun; good luck! It throws up some things that might work.

deepakmehtauk

Post by deepakmehtauk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:21 pm

I had to sort out travel/health insurance for my mother a few years ago & there was only 1 company that I found after extensive searching that was willing to offer her insurance.

You can however get online insurance for them from Indian companies like ICICI or Bajaj Allianz etc.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:21 am

deepakmehtauk wrote:I had to sort out travel/health insurance for my mother a few years ago & there was only 1 company that I found after extensive searching that was willing to offer her insurance.

You can however get online insurance for them from Indian companies like ICICI or Bajaj Allianz etc.
Can we apply for this insurance from back home - from within the UK?