ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying with a child ** fiancé Visa 2019

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Applying with a child ** fiancé Visa 2019

Post by ores23 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Im extremely nervous and upset as the New York Scanning hub just called to ask why I didn't submit an application for my son. I was legit shocked as the Uk.Gov website clearly says " Applying with a child " how you can add you child dependent to your application if they're under 18.Im extremely confused as the website doesn't really specifically say that when applying with a child that they have to have their own application. Im worried that I may have overlooked this information so I'm wondering if anyone can please help me. The agent said he had a similar application like mine and how he needs to gather information and call me back. Im grateful he called me but for the love of god if I have to reapply and get refused because the UK Gov wasn't specific enough I will seriously be depressed as this process has been extremely stressful.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Applying with a child ** fiancé Visa 2019

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:04 am

You will need to submit a separate application for your child as a dependent on your application.

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 am

Thank you, I resubmitted my application with my son's application which costed me another 2089.00 dollars. His IHS fee stated zero I also included that email with my documents. Ive read previous post that they usually send you an email to pay this fee because something is wrong with there website in regards to those fees. My question is why would he be charge this fee and not me?

Also I hope I didn't have to do another appendix 2 form for him as the NYC hub contacted me and stated I just need to send his application along with my documents back and my fiancee stated in his sponsor letter that he was apply for me and my son also on the appendix form as well. I'm nervous as my application date of biometric etc are earlier date from my sons as I just did his bio march 13th and mine was on 28th February.

I just want to make sure my supporting documents are related to my application and not my son's because it will be well past 28 days.

Also the new information from New York hub only wants original document in regards to the passport everything else can be copies and you don't have to copy everything on a4 paper it can be 8x10. wish I would of known this before I went to biometric as I freaked out trying to find a4 paper and trying to get original bank statement for an exclusively online bank which is becoming the norm in UK.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:04 pm

ores23 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 am
I resubmitted my application with my son's application which costed me another 2089.00 dollars. His IHS fee stated zero I also included that email with my documents. Ive read previous post that they usually send you an email to pay this fee because something is wrong with there website in regards to those fees. My question is why would he be charge this fee and not me?

Those who apply for a visa to the UK of 6 months of less (which a fiance visa is) need to pay when they use the NHS, with 50% added to the bill if there is no insurance to pay. You need to buy private healthcare insurance.

Visitor visas and short-term visas

You do not need to pay the surcharge or get an IHS reference number if you’re applying for a:

visitor visa
visa for 6 months or less from outside the UK

You will need to pay for any NHS care you get at the point you use it
- unless it’s a service that’s free.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... -needs-pay

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:20 pm

yes I saw that information I was just confused that he was asked to create an IHS account when he too was on fiancee visa with me.

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

What’s next

Post by ores23 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:04 am

I am Currently on the finance visa my son. And I’m confused on where to start next to remain in the UK and finally be able to work. Also We had a few changes as my fiancé lost his job so we no longer meet the requirements of 6 months. He is currently working now but my visa expires Nov.14th and hopefully he’ll be only 5 months in the new job. I’ve read that it’s ok if his previous income still meet the income requirement of 18,600. I’m still confused on the 6 months of payslip. What applications are we filling out etc. just need point in the right direction any help will be most appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: What’s next

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Financial income must be met at least until the date of application means he should have at least be remained employed until the date of application. Otherwise cash savings of £62500 can meet this requirement alone.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:31 pm

sorry I dont understand your response. He currently have a job, our issue is it won’t be 6 months of payslips only 5 were starting applications in November.

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:44 pm

I had to add that we haven’t even started the application yet for the request to stay.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:46 pm

Simple: if he hasn't got any job and application hasn't yet been made then application won't succeed unless anyone of you/both have at least £62500 cash savings.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm

he got let go on June 30th and started a new job july 3rd he is currently working and exceed income requirements it’s honestly 6 months payslip is of concern. so what your saying is it’ll pretty much be denied unless we go saving route which we don’t have meaning i’ll have to leave the country and take my son out of school bc visa has expired.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:54 pm

ores23 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm
he got let go on June 30th and started a new job july 3rd he is currently working and exceed income requirements it’s honestly 6 months payslip is of concern. so what your saying is it’ll pretty much be denied unless we go saving route which we don’t have meaning i’ll have to leave the country and take my son out of school bc visa has expired.
Has he worked previously and earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months? And is his recent job at least paying £1550 per month/£18600 per year???

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:56 pm

yes his last job was 28,000 and current one is 23,000.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:59 pm

ores23 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:56 pm
yes his last job was 28,000 and current one is 23,000.
Yes then simply apply under category B without waiting for 6 months with present employer.

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Switching from France Visa to Spouse visa

Post by ores23 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:59 am

Hey all,

I just wanted to get some feedback bc I am a bit confused on how to start this process.I applied for a finance visa got approved its from may 14th 2019 - Nov 14th 2019. We got married on August 23rd 2019. As I am looking at the application process and all supporting documents need. I came across the correspondence section and freaked out bc I'm on the fiance visa and you can't work, and with my situation My husbands mom condo is where we live. The council tax and utility are in her name not my husband. So what kind of documents do I have to provide? and given I'm on a finance visa and im applying within the UK will the 2 year min be my requirement. Im really nervous bc my son is currently in school here and I am 12 weeks pregnant. All I have is documents from my GP and bank statement from my US bank with my current address in the UK.

I just assume I would be re-using same documents from before in reference to dependent documents and just adding updated information for financial requirements and additional marriage license etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from France Visa to Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:02 am

ores23 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:59 am
Hey all,

I just wanted to get some feedback bc I am a bit confused on how to start this process.I applied for a finance visa got approved its from may 14th 2019 - Nov 14th 2019. We got married on August 23rd 2019. As I am looking at the application process and all supporting documents need. I came across the correspondence section and freaked out bc I'm on the fiance visa and you can't work, and with my situation My husbands mom condo is where we live. The council tax and utility are in her name not my husband. So what kind of documents do I have to provide? and given I'm on a finance visa and im applying within the UK will the 2 year min be my requirement. Im really nervous bc my son is currently in school here and I am 12 weeks pregnant. All I have is documents from my GP and bank statement from my US bank with my current address in the UK.

I just assume I would be re-using same documents from before in reference to dependent documents and just adding updated information for financial requirements and additional marriage license etc.
there is no requirement to provide a long list of cohabitation evidence if switching from a fiance to a spouse visa. If you have just a couple of documents, that is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:08 am

ores23 wrote:

I just assume I would be re-using same documents from before in reference to dependent documents and just adding updated information for financial requirements
Correct and also updated documents for accomodation
ores23 wrote:
and additional marriage license etc.
Marriage certificate only

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:37 am

ok thank you for your feedback. from the information I provided in reference to what I already have for correspondence address documents are the items I hold acceptable or should I just try to find a way to get a bill with both of our names ?

updated documents for the accommodations? we just have land registry, Letter from my husbands mom and outline of the condo.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:43 am

ores23 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:37 am

updated documents for the accommodations? we just have land registry, Letter from my husbands mom and outline of the condo.
Correct

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:00 am

ores23 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:58 am
i’m currently 7 months pregnant and by the time my 8 weeks of pending visa is up i’m a little scared if it’s denied that i’ll have to go back to us but traveling after 8 months isn’t really prohibited sort to speak also is there any possible way they can grant me stay an re-submit another visa ???? I had a nightmare about this happening and it’s really stressing me out. Since I applied as a fiancé visa then applied within in U.K. the process was a bit different then what I had to do before. It said as long as the application was in before deadline of expiration date then it wouldn’t be against me if i’m still here while application is pending approval.... any feedback would help me thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:39 am

i’m not asking about a dependent as this child... i’m confused why you asked me to reply to a post about dependent per application. When I was asking what the procedure will be if I get denied being pregnant???????? if there was any stipulation in regards to me not being able to leave being around 8 months pregnant traveling ?????????

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:46 am

also i’ve already been granted a fiancé visa as well I dont see how referring or replying to post was helpful

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:58 am

ores23 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:58 am
i’m currently 7 months pregnant and by the time my 8 weeks of pending visa is up i’m a little scared if it’s denied that i’ll have to go back to us but traveling after 8 months isn’t really prohibited sort to speak also is there any possible way they can grant me stay an re-submit another visa ???? I had a nightmare about this happening and it’s really stressing me out. Since I applied as a fiancé visa then applied within in U.K. the process was a bit different then what I had to do before. It said as long as the application was in before deadline of expiration date then it wouldn’t be against me if i’m still here while application is pending approval.... any feedback would help me thanks
If all the necessary documents have been attached then the application won't be refused. You will also get the in country right of appeal.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:00 am

ores23 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:39 am
When I was asking what the procedure will be if I get denied being pregnant???????? if there was any stipulation in regards to me not being able to leave being around 8 months pregnant traveling ?????????

You have to meet the requirements for the FLR(M) visa.

Did you also provide evidence with your visa application, to show that you have been paying the NHS for your various healthcare checks with your pregnancy? And for any other times you may have used the NHS and needed to pay?

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:55 pm

no bc I wasnt asked to pay per my fiancé visa nor the surgery office ask me to pay..