ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirements - is ESOL valid?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandb
Newly Registered
India

English requirements - is ESOL valid?

Post by anandb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi,

My wife submitted her BC naturalisation application online and is due for her Biometric appointment in early Jan. However, we just noticed that she had passed her CEFR B1.1 English language test (ESOL entry 3) from Trinity College, Holborn, London in Aug'18, which she used for her ILR application in Nov'18.

We noticed that this test is not mentioned in the recent list of accredited institutions published on 5 Dec 2019. The test NOW required is IESE/GESE / IELTS, so the ESOL doesn't work as per the list below
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... r_2019.pdf

Does she need to give another english language test or can she request to consider her ESOL qualification which was accepted at the time of her ILR application?

Thank you,
Anand

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Re: English requirements - is ESOL valid?

Post by anandb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Also, the Trinity College Holborn Centre from which she passed English, is not in the accredited list anymore - Will that be an issue?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:24 pm

anandb wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:25 pm
Also, the Trinity College Holborn Centre from which she passed English, is not in the accredited list anymore - Will that be an issue?
Trinity College is still on the list of providers - not an issue if they have moved or closed branches.
In terms of having provided B1 at the time of ILR then you can select that option and would not have to provide a new test.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandb » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:31 am

Cool, thank you.
I had emailed Trinity College as well, and they confirmed that the certificate is valid until Aug'20 (2 yrs from issue) for citizenship applications.

Thank you.