ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form without father consent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Benbella
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1 form without father consent

Post by Benbella » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:06 am

Hi am planning to fill out a MN1 form for my son (born in UK but was on visa when born now have ILR), but dad has never been in picture not even on birth certificate... question is; can I apply for his citizenship without father's consent as can not get hold of him and don't know his whereabouts. Thax...

vinny

Re: MN1 form without father consent

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:34 am

Registration as a British citizen: children
Parental consent for applications under 1(3), 1(3A) and 1(4)

As the applicant has an entitlement to be registered as a British citizen if the requirements in sections 1(3), 1(3A) and 1(4) are met, the absence of parental consent (in cases where the applicant is a minor) is not a reason for refusal. It is good practice to gain consent of all those with parental responsibility for the child and it should normally be requested, but this is not mandatory. If the consent is not gained it is not a reason for refusing the application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Benbella
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Benbella » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:53 am

Thanks for the reply, just read the guidance notes and they say, child has to have full birth certificate, mine doesn't have a full one as dad can not be traced, I have one with just my son's details....do u think this will do or should I call registrars and ask if they can do a full one with just my details.. (bare in mind my son is 4 and I need to sort out his travel documents and citizenship)....thx

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:59 am

You can order a long version of the birth certificate from the General Register Office.
Check this link: https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-dea ... ertificate
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Benbella
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Benbella » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:13 pm

Thx for the help