ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Child - Type of visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mabbath
India

PBS Dependent Child - Type of visa

Post by mabbath » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:11 pm

Hello,

My wife is due for her ILR application (Tier 2 General route).
My child has a PBS dependent visa based on my wife's T2 General visa. Since he was born in Apr-2015, he has not completed his 5 years.
I am due for my ILR application in October-2021 (on Tier 2 General visa currently).

As I understand, my child can't apply for an ILR along with my wife and has to wait till both parents have obtained ILR.

My question is:
Should he become a PBS dependent based on me? OR is there another route which we could explore so that we could apply for my wife's ILR and child's PBS extension in the same form?

Best Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependent Child - Type of visa

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Assuming your child was born in the UK and you do not plan to travel anytime soon, your child can be registered as British when either parent is granted settled status. The child does not require extant leave.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.