ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting periods for EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zuz
Newly Registered

waiting periods for EU1

Post by zuz » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:14 pm

hi, we are waiting from Oct 07 till now. got answer "we'll contact you in immediate future" ..
how long are you waiting for the same?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:42 pm

According to 2004/38/EC, Article 10, Paragraph 1, the waiting-time may not be more than 6 months.

This is implemented in Irish law through S.I. No. 656 of 2006, Article 7(2), which stipulates 6 months as the time-limit as well.

My application was confirmed as received 31st January, thus the legal deadline for having the EU-4-Fam-card issued is 31st July = tomorrow.

Calling GNIB/DoJ today yielded that it would take "another while", showing that no-one there cares about either EU-law or their own laws.

Welcome to third-world justice.

zuz
Newly Registered

nobody cares

Post by zuz » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:51 pm

nobody cares, i rang after 6 and then after 8.5 months and operator on the line could not tell me anything! just like "wait couple of weeks" :roll: