ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP epiry date

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

ILR BRP epiry date

Post by postie-drive » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:24 am

Hello folks,
I apologise in advance if this was addressed before but quick search didn't give me anything hence the post. We received my wife's visa (Biometric Residence Permit) the expiry date on it is 31/12/2024 I thought this was supposed to be for 10 years instead of 5. Is this a mistake? We're in the process of applying for citizenship and if this is a mistake what should be done about this? I'd appreciate your input. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR BRP epiry date

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:27 am

As has been answered 100s of times on the forum, it is normal. The date on the brp is the date stated by the EU for all biometric documents to be updated with enhanced security features.

The date would be irrelevant anyway if applying for citizenship, which cancels ilr and the brp is returned to ho once a person has attended their citizenship ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR BRP epiry date

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:27 am

Please continue in your other topic - indefinite-leave-to-remain/super-priori ... l#p1859949
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.