ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 Dependent Visa questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Family visas/citizenship after my ILR

Post by pr1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:05 pm

I will be applying for ILR this weekend (Tier 2 5 year route) - priority application.

My wife has only completed 3 yrs in UK. So I know I need to extend her Tier-2 General Dependent Visa. Should I apply for Tier-2 General Dependent extension or is it called something else as I will no longer be on Tier-2?

Also last year my daughter was born in the UK. As she had to travel to Pakistan I had applied for her Tier 2 Dependent visa. Is it correct that I can register her as a British citizen after I get my ILR? No need to extend her Visa right?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family visas/citizenship after my ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:23 pm

She extends under PBS dependant as normal. Your daughter can be registered as British using form MN1 when you get ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier-2 Dependent Visa questions

Post by pr1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:54 am

I recently received ILR via Tier-2 General 5 year route. My wife is on Tier-2 Dependent visa which is expiring on 10th Jan 2020. I have submitted the online application today.

As per old posts in this forum, when filling the form for my wife's extension, I filled the expiry date of my Visa as 10th Jan 2023 so that I pay IHS for 3 years. But inspite of filling this date the IHS came to £1400 instead of £1200 (£400 x 3). I have paid it anyways.

Will I get automatic refund of £200 after they issue the Visa for 3 years? Or will I have to do something to get it back? Or will I lose it?

Another question I have is they have asked for "Document to show that you stay together (for example, utility bill, bank statement, council tax bill, etc.)"
- Utility Bills: The utility bills and council tax bills have my name and these organisations said they can add additional names but the bill will be addressed to the main account holder i.e. me. So I am not sure if I can use these.
- Bank Statement: We recently moved to a new house. My wife changed the address in the bank and requested new statements. We received the statements by post. The first page has the new address and has some information that this is a copy of your statements, bla bla bla. The actual statements start from page 2 and have our old address. Will this be accepted as proof of my wife's new address?
- Rental Agreement: Can we submit a PDF of our rental agreement from OpenRent? The agreement and signing was all done online. We do not have any physical papers. Would this be accepted?
- We have applied for provisional driving license for my wife but this can take several weeks. Also changing the name on the bills and getting a bill can also take a while. I don't think we can submit anything before 10th January except Rental Agreement PDF. As we have already submitted the online application and made the payment I hope there would be no issue if we take biometrics appointment after the Visa expires on 10th Jan 2020?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-2 Dependent Visa questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:31 pm

As per old posts in this forum, when filling the form for my wife's extension, I filled the expiry date of my Visa as 10th Jan 2023 so that I pay IHS for 3 years. But inspite of filling this date the IHS came to £1400 instead of £1200 (£400 x 3). I have paid it anyways.
You should have out the date as 3 years from TODAY if you submitted today, ie 31/12/2022 and not the date her visa expires. The extra you have been charged is the part/prorata for stating a date over 3 years.
Will I get automatic refund of £200 after they issue the Visa for 3 years? Or will I have to do something to get it back? Or will I lose it?
Possibly auto refund. If not you can request one.
Another question I have is they have asked for "Document to show that you stay together (for example, utility bill, bank statement, council tax bill, etc.)"
- Utility Bills: The utility bills and council tax bills have my name and these organisations said they can add additional names but the bill will be addressed to the main account holder i.e. me. So I am not sure if I can use these.
- Bank Statement: We recently moved to a new house. My wife changed the address in the bank and requested new statements. We received the statements by post. The first page has the new address and has some information that this is a copy of your statements, bla bla bla. The actual statements start from page 2 and have our old address. Will this be accepted as proof of my wife's new address?
- Rental Agreement: Can we submit a PDF of our rental agreement from OpenRent? The agreement and signing was all done online. We do not have any physical papers. Would this be accepted?
- We have applied for provisional driving license for my wife but this can take several weeks. Also changing the name on the bills and getting a bill can also take a while. I don't think we can submit anything before 10th January except Rental Agreement PDF.
You simply need a selection of 3 to 6 documents in both names or addressed individually to the same address, any of the addresses you have resided at, for the last two years.
As we have already submitted the online application and made the payment I hope there would be no issue if we take biometrics appointment after the Visa expires on 10th Jan 2020?
No issue, date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:49 pm

You simply need a selection of 3 to 6 documents in both names or addressed individually to the same address, any of the addresses you have resided at, for the last two years.
Ok thanks, we have several documents for my previous address so we can submit those.

I have copied the document checklist text below. It says "Document" (singular) for living together proof. So should I only submit one document? Or should we submit 3 to 6 as you have mentioned?

Mandatory
The passport or travel document for Ms XYZ from Pakistan
Proof of Ms XYZ relationship status as the married or civil partner of Mr ABC, unless provided in a previous successful application as a PBS dependant
The biometric residence permit for Ms XYZ

Other
Documents showing you have had at least £630.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days
Document showing you and your partner are living together (for example, a utility bill, council tax bill or
bank statement)
Statements from a personal bank or building society account (Lloyds Bank)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:51 pm

I have copied the document checklist text below. It says "Document" (singular) for living together proof. So should I only submit one document? Or should we submit 3 to 6 as you have mentioned?
You need more than one document. You also need from all addresses for the last two years if more than one address. The checklist is not always accurate and you should follow the guidance and rules and not only the checklist.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:52 pm

Oh ok, thanks!