ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO Tier-1 Entrepreneur to ILR Application UK Absences Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helios3
United Kingdom

HO Tier-1 Entrepreneur to ILR Application UK Absences Query

Post by helios3 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:55 am

Hi Admins, (Zimba, Casa, CR01, Aman90 et all)

I applied ILR on Tier-1 Entrepreneur route, I received HO query regarding my absences from the UK.
I did send them copy of my passports of last 5 years.

They inquired about stamps on my passport for a month of February 2018, UK entry stamp, other countries entry exit stamps are there on passport for that month but the information is not mentioned in the application form. They asked me how many days I was out of the UK.

It is because of a typo error. In the visa application I put the same number of days absence from UK in December 2018. while writing dates in the form I put month as 12 instead of 02. so it changed the month from February to December.
I was in the UK in December 2018 so basically the date I put should have reflected February 2018 instead of Dec 2018 and since it was typo, case worker could not find any entry for February 2018 in the form but stamps were there on the passport so he sent me the query.

Now I am going to tell CW that for 15 days of February 2018, I was out of the UK.
Also should I tell him that there is a typo error in my application form and instead of 15 days of December, I was out of the UK for 15 days of February 2018?? And I was in the UK in December 2018.

Should I attach copy of my visa application form with correction/signed on it just for CW understanding or just put them in the email?
Should I send detailed email to CW or to the point email?

Kindly advise. Thanks

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: HO Tier-1 Entrepreneur to ILR Application UK Absences Query

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:14 pm

You must inform the UKVI that you made an error on your application and correct what you filled in. That is all. If they asked you via email, email them back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:28 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:14 pm
You must inform the UKVI that you made an error on your application and correct what you filled in. That is all. If they asked you via email, email them back
Thanks for your reply Zimba. The reply I have drafted states that:

1- The stamps of Feb 2018 on passport CW inquired about is when I was out of the UK in Feb 2018.

2- And their query came up because It was due to typing error that I mistakenly put 12(Dec) instead of 02(Feb). So (01-02-2015 date is correct and I mistakenly put 01-12-2015). so I was actually out of the UK in Feb 2018 and NOT Dec 2018.

Is that OK?

And one last question, should I attach my air ticket showing exit/entry to UK on 01-Feb 2015 to 15-Feb 2015 or the email response is enough?

Please advise. thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:24 pm

Yes. I suggest to add as much information as you can to rectify this
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:11 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:24 pm
Yes. I suggest to add as much information as you can to rectify this
Thanks Zimba.