ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Document upload + Few question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

askhans786
United Kingdom

FLR M Driving penalty in Russia

Post by askhans786 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:56 pm

1. Driving penalty abroad in Russia (Moscow) - minor fine for speeding ?

Do we have to mention this , if YES I forgot to mention this in first application as spouse visa will that be a problem. Its been way too long for me to remember, when this fine that I paid in Moscow.

2. Shared financial responsibility?
Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities? (Required)

My husband pays all the bills and expenses so should we say yes and mention all the amount he pays?

Many thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M Driving penalty in Russia

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:08 pm

It is unlikely to amount to a suitability question for FLR(M). Although, without knowing what the offence was I couldn’t say. Generally the question on FLR(M) is a catch all question, so should be declared.

If you have shared responsibility for finances, then yes, state it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:13 pm

HI,
Amber wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:08 pm
It is unlikely to amount to a suitability question for FLR(M). Although, without knowing what the offence was I couldn’t say. Generally the question on FLR(M) is a catch all question, so should be declared.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The fine was for speeding, We dont even remember when this took place in Moscow as it was several years ago. Also we didn't mention it in our first application would that be a problem? if we mention it now in our extension.

2. WIth regards to shared financial responsibility.

My Husband paying for all bills, so I will answer it as NO shared responsibility.

Many Thanks

askhans786
United Kingdom

FLR (M) - Document upload + Few question

Post by askhans786 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Quick question for experts and recent applicants on my spouse visa which is coming for renewal entered UK on 4th Aug 2017 - Visa expires on 5th April 2020.

Q. Am I correct that I can apply anytime after 5th Feb 2020 as this completes 2years 6 months? (We are planning to apply super prioroity)

Q. Document upload. Do I have to upload all pages or just the front pages of each correspondence?
I have 3 Joint sources
Council Tax (1 correspondence) 2 pages
Thames Water (6 correspondence) 3 pages each
Electricity (6 correspondence) 3 pages each

Q. Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?
- Yes

Please explain fully

My Husband doesn't speak Russian and we won't be able to move to Russia and we will have difficulty establishing our family life together. So we would not be able to settle in my Home country, also I would not reintegrate well or have a private life due to the fact that UK has been my home for 2 years 6 months.

Is this reponse valid?

Many Thanks in Advance

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:00 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:13 pm
HI,
Amber wrote:

The fine was for speeding, We dont even remember when this took place in Moscow as it was several years ago. Also we didn't mention it in our first application would that be a problem? if we mention it now in our extension.

My Husband paying for all bills, so I will answer it as NO shared responsibility.

Many Thanks
I never reported my speeding tickets. I believe they were asking about unspent convictions and unpaid tickets?

I also see no way HO can check it with GIBDD. I would say: just be consistent.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:13 pm
HI,
Amber wrote:

Many Thanks
I believe they were asking about unspent convictions and unpaid tickets? I also recall that the question somehow makes the difference between legal offense and administrative offence

I also see no way HO can check it with GIBDD. I would say: just be consistent.

askhans786
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) - Document upload + Few question

Post by askhans786 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 pm

Thanks can some one answer for below.

Hi Everyone,

Quick question for experts and recent applicants on my spouse visa which is coming for renewal entered UK on 4th Aug 2017 - Visa expires on 5th April 2020.

Q. Am I correct that I can apply anytime after 5th Feb 2020 as this completes 2years 6 months? (We are planning to apply super prioroity)

Q. Document upload. Do I have to upload all pages or just the front pages of each correspondence?
I have 3 Joint sources
Council Tax (1 correspondence) 2 pages
Thames Water (6 correspondence) 3 pages each
Electricity (6 correspondence) 3 pages each

Q. Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?
- Yes

Please explain fully

My Husband doesn't speak Russian and we won't be able to move to Russia and we will have difficulty establishing our family life together. So we would not be able to settle in my Home country, also I would not reintegrate well or have a private life due to the fact that UK has been my home for 2 years 6 months.

Is this reponse valid?

Many Thanks in Advance

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:13 pm

I don’t know the answer to your first Q

For the second: I’m always submitting all pages just to make sure I don’t regret later. It doesn’t require additional efforts or complicate things.

Third Q: in general they want to know if you don’t qualify for the extension of your Spouse visa, are there any other grounds for you to stay in UK (private life). There’s no “right” answer and what you wrote re your husband is valid especially if he is providing for you both. They don’t count 2.5 years of a grown up person’s life as a valid reason not to integrate back to your home country

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rssfed23 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:59 pm

iwolga wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:13 pm
For the second: I’m always submitting all pages just to make sure I don’t regret later. It doesn’t require additional efforts or complicate things.
When we were at the scanning centre last time they wouldn't scan anything but the first page of each letter.
Which was good; because I hadn't scanned anything more than that. If it's not got the name/address on it then it's useless to the CO and just more pages to click through.

If pages of "Your daily energy use" and reams of "Text message to 07789...." aren't useful to proving someone lives somewhere no point including it in a proof of residence document :)

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:49 am

rssfed23 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:59 pm
iwolga wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:13 pm
When we were at the scanning centre last time they wouldn't scan anything but the first page of each letter.
Which was good; because I hadn't scanned anything more than that. If it's not got the name/address on it then it's useless to the CO and just more pages to click through.

If pages of "Your daily energy use" and reams of "Text message to 07789...." aren't useful to proving someone lives somewhere no point including it in a proof of residence document :)
Agree on this count. I already had all bills in Pdf from the providers websites, hence I thought it’s a bit of a hassle to start separating the pages in pdf program. Of this is a new scan, then your approach should work better.

On the other hand, I don’t want to be blamed for not providing the paper in its entirety, so just went for the safe side

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Thanks rssfed23 & iwolga

As mentioned the front page has all details of name and address so not sure if HO will be interested in seeing our total water usage and monthly electricity usage on page 2 & 3 (which increase total PDF size?
Hence my curiosity of just merging just the first page in Acrobat Pro and uploading for ease?

Can someone please confirm the below question

Q. Am I correct that I can apply anytime after 5th Feb 2020 as this completes 2years 6 months? (We are planning to apply super priority)

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:53 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Q. Am I correct that I can apply anytime after 5th Feb 2020 as this completes 2years 6 months? (We are planning to apply super priority)
You can.

Up until the expiry date of the visa.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:53 pm

Thanks,

But what I really want to know is it ok to apply after 5th Feb 2020 as this completes my spouse 2 year 6 month?

I just want to be sure that I am applying after this date as this would in effect only require us one more 30 month extension to complete our 5 year route to ILR.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:59 am

askhans786 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:53 pm
Thanks,

But what I really want to know is it ok to apply after 5th Feb 2020 as this completes my spouse 2 year 6 month?

I just want to be sure that I am applying after this date as this would in effect only require us one more 30 month extension to complete our 5 year route to ILR.

Regards,
The previous poster already answer this!!
Korekt wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:53 pm
askhans786 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:32 pm

You can.

Up until the expiry date of the visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

askhans786
United Kingdom

FLR (M) - question

Post by askhans786 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Q. During your current or last grant of leave in the UK, were you required to register with the police?

My Wife was in UK as student in 2012 when she was required to register with police
2012-2014 Student Visa
2017 Spouse visa
2020 - applying first spouse extension

I have put YES to this answer but when I now click through 'Mandatory document', It,s asking for Police registeration certificate.

In Scotland the Police just stamps on Passport and do not give any certificate.

Any one with knowledge or experience can they please advice what do we do?.

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rssfed23 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:30 pm

The question is asking "during your current or last grant of leave"

I interpret that to mean during the spouse visa process.

If it was for your wife's entire visa history it would say "at any point in time have you been required to register with the police" or "during your current, last or any previous grant of leave in the UK were you...".

We'll wait for another expert to confirm this but personally I would put no to this question. We did for my OH who was in a very similar situation (formally on a student visa with registration and left again for a few years). As we didn't need registration for the spouse visa before FLR (the "current grant of leave") we ticked no and had no issue.
Like you say; the passport has the stamps in anyway if they need to check.

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Many thanks for prompt reply.

During your current or last grant of leave in the UK, were you required to register with the police? (Required)
Certain nationalities are required to register with the police as a condition of their leave. If this condition applied to you, you will have been instructed to register with your local police station when you were granted your last period of leave in the UK. The requirement to register with the police may also feature on your visa or your Biometric Residence Permit, if you are required to have one.
Any experts who can please assist
Student visa 2012-2014
Spouse Visa - 2017-2020
FLRM first extension - 2020

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Any recent applicant or senior members can they help please.
During your current or last grant of leave in the UK, were you required to register with the police? (Required)

Certain nationalities are required to register with the police as a condition of their leave. If this condition applied to you, you will have been instructed to register with your local police station when you were granted your last period of leave in the UK. The requirement to register with the police may also feature on your visa or your Biometric Residence Permit, if you are required to have one.
Student visa 2012-2014
Spouse Visa - 2017-2020

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 am

Do we have to give fresh Tenancy agreement or our 2017 agreement will suffice as it automatic rolls over each years. Also would the council bill be sufficient as its in Joint name for 19/20?

Certain nationalities are required to register with the police as a condition of their leave. If this condition applied to you, you will have been instructed to register with your local police station when you were granted your last period of leave in the UK. The requirement to register with the police may also feature on your visa or your Biometric Residence Permit, if you are required to have one
Student visa 2012-2014
Spouse Visa - 2017-2020

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:27 am

askhans786 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:51 pm
Many thanks for prompt reply.

Student visa 2012-2014
Spouse Visa - 2017-2020
Check your vignette granted to you initially before you arrived into the UK if it says you need to do one on arrival usually within 7 days otherwise No
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:33 am

Check your vignette granted to you initially before you arrived into the UK if it says you need to do one on arrival usually within 7 days otherwise No
Thanks, for current spouse visa BRP says nothing but for student one says register within 7 days, we cannot remember where the certificate is now as this was in 2012.

Q2.
Do we have to give fresh Tenancy agreement or our 2017 agreement will suffice as it automatic rolls over each years. Alternatively would the council bill be sufficient as its in Joint name for 19/20?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 am

askhans786 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:33 am
Thanks, for current spouse visa BRP says nothing but for student one says register within 7 days, we cannot remember where the certificate is now as this was in 2012.

Q2.
Do we have to give fresh Tenancy agreement or our 2017 agreement will suffice as it automatic rolls over each years. Alternatively would the council bill be sufficient as its in Joint name for 19/20?

I believe that should suffice as long as you proof of cohabitation addressed to both of you at the address.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:04 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Student visa 2012-2014
Spouse Visa - 2017-2020
Question is very self explanatory as whether your current or last leave require registration with police. The answer should be no because your current and last leave was as the spouse of settled person who are exempted even they are required to do so on other categories of visa.
https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-po ... o-register
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm

Many Thanks
Seagul
and
TODMATT
much appreciate.

If I am providing Joint 6 co-habitation correspondence from 3 different source, do I need to also provide Tenancy agreement Again or would this suffice the requirement as we have been living at same address since 2years 6 months.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:00 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm
Many Thanks
Seagul
and
TODMATT
much appreciate.

If I am providing Joint 6 co-habitation correspondence from 3 different source, do I need to also provide Tenancy agreement Again or would this suffice the requirement as we have been living at same address since 2years 6 months.
Yes it is MUST.