ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consultancy charges 1050 GBP fees for HSMP Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vini_srcna
Newly Registered

Consultancy charges 1050 GBP fees for HSMP Tier1

Post by vini_srcna » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:13 am

Hi,

I would like to apply for HSMP tier1. My payslips and bank statements are in German language. My employer says he can give the letter stating gross earnings & Net pay however he mentions the purpose on the letter. I can get the letter from employer for some loan.

I can't tell my employer that am going for HSMP. I contacted one of the consultancies in UK and they are charging 1050 GBP including translation charges with 100% assurance. They charge this money to prepare the covering letter, translate documents, fill in the application form and send it back to me. I'm planning to apply from my home country, India. I'm in Germany on an onsite assignment. I have been working in Germany for past 9 months and am qualified for HSMP.

I have gone through the Tier1 manual and it is very clear. I think I can make it by myself however I'm bit worried about covering letter and document translations. Consultancy guys said they will make sure that my application is not rejected. They also said that chances of getting rejected could be more If i do it myself because mine is complicated issue. 9 months in Denmark and 3 months in India. They said they have to pro rate and some stuff which I didn't really understand.

I need your suggestions on this. Please do let me know your suggestions on this. Thanks in advance.!

swati46

Post by swati46 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:45 am

I understand your situation. The consultants always have some explanation for their services.The fact is that they cannot do anything that guarantees visa .What they do is that they confuse people. e.g. in my case I asked a consultant whether I need the English language certificate from my Univ if the PBC shows my Univ in the database. He said that yes you need it and that too certified by NARIC UK. The truth is that if your UNiv appears in the PBC database you dnt need this certifcate. I confirmed this later from the UK BA office as well.
If any consultant says he has 100 % success rate he is bluffing. So many of my friends went through consultants which charged a lot of money and they got rejected. The application process is very simple. If you go through the tier1genpolicyguide.pdf it gives all the information. Also this forum is a very good place to discuss any issues that you have. Before joining this forum whenever I had a doubt I used to call the UK BA office. They are very nice people and provide clear answers. The only issue is that the wait time is about 5-7 minutes. But i guess that shud not be a problem. If you are filing the application in India I think the VFS people will be able to help you. You can dial their helpline numbers. If you are still in doubt I have a consultant that charges 800£ for his services. Also you can check consultants in India. They might charge less.

My advice : Be confident. File it yourself. When in doubt :
1) Post a meesage here
2) Get in touch with UK BA

Hope this helps

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:16 am

vini_srcna wrote:They said they have to pro rate and some stuff which I didn't really understand.
The consultants are taking you for a ride. There is no concept of pro-rata for Tier 1 applications.

vini_srcna
Newly Registered

Thanks you

Post by vini_srcna » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm

This gives me confidence. Thanks a lot for your suggestons.

Can you guys please help me with recognised translators in India.? When am done with my covering letter and All the application things I will post it here for review(offcourse by supressing the name & address as per this forum rules). Kindly help me in reviewing. Thanks again.