ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa help needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dani122
United Kingdom

Spouse visa help needed

Post by Dani122 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:26 am

Hi, I got married in Pakistan July 2019. I have a few questions that I am unsure of before applying for the UK Spouse visa.
1) I am currently employed as a supply teacher through an agency, my job is long term and I have been working for 2 months...I will be in the same job for 6 months before I apply. Does it matter that my job is supply and not permanent?
2) Do they take into account my outgoings from my bank statements? I will have a mortgage with however I will still be reaching the 18,600 requirement from which my outgoings will be. Would this be okay?

Any help would be appreciated :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa help needed

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:51 am

Dani122 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:26 am
Hi, I got married in Pakistan July 2019. I have a few questions that I am unsure of before applying for the UK Spouse visa.
1) I am currently employed as a supply teacher through an agency, my job is long term and I have been working for 2 months...I will be in the same job for 6 months before I apply. Does it matter that my job is supply and not permanent?
2) Do they take into account my outgoings from my bank statements? I will have a mortgage with however I will still be reaching the 18,600 requirement from which my outgoings will be. Would this be okay?

Any help would be appreciated :)
1. What is the concept of 'supply employment'? If you mean temporary job and not permanent then next problem. There is provisions for temporary and permanent employment. Have employment letter and can get letter from employer? Your income reflecting in your account and backed by pay slips each month not below £1550 then should be OK.

2. Your outgoings or expenses not taken into account. Your income employment is what matters and since you wrote reaching £18,600 you should be okay.

Dani122
United Kingdom

Post by Dani122 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:55 pm

Thank you!
My supply job means that I am currently employed as a teacher through an agency long term (about 9 months, but after this time I will have to move to another school. When I get a letter from my employer would I need to get it from the school I am currently working at, or the agency that provide the jobs?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:56 pm

Dani122 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:55 pm
Thank you!
My supply job means that I am currently employed as a teacher through an agency long term (about 9 months, but after this time I will have to move to another school. When I get a letter from my employer would I need to get it from the school I am currently working at, or the agency that provide the jobs?
Agency who pay you
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dani122
United Kingdom

Post by Dani122 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:20 pm

The payslips I receive are posted to me on an online portal which I have to print out myself, they send them to me weekly and not one at the end of each month, would this be an issue as during December there will be 2 weeks of payslips due to the Christmas holidays. Similarly during other school term holidays?
Thank you

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:06 pm

In as far as the threshold is met, this is not an issue.

So the total amount of income for the 26 weeks prior to the date of application should be at least £9,300.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."