ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only tax paid NO NI paid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

Only tax paid NO NI paid

Post by krssubbu » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 am

Hi Guyz,

Could some please let me know if weekly payslips for second job are accepted and will earning from second job be counted for the gross income (working less hours so no NI has been deducted only tax has been deducted on payslip)

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:42 am

Can some one please ans to my query as i need to plan for my extension

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:46 am

As I was informed by my employer, the second employer need not deduct money for the NI again as you would be paying for the NI in the main job.
You could clarify this with Department of Work and Pensions website.
hope this is usefulLetmec

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks for that

the hmrc website says if you have a second job, then you need to pay NI.

so could some one please confirm if the gross earning from second job will be accepted if no NI is paid (less hours working)

Also are weekly payslips considered

Thanks

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 pm

yes it is fine

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 pm

the hmrc website says if you have a second job, then you need to pay NI.
No it doesn't! Unless the two employers are connected, the national insurance contributions for each are calculated separately, and if the earnings from one of them are £105.00 per week or less (in 2008-2009), then the NI contribution is respect of that employment will be NIL!
so could some one please confirm if the gross earning from second job will be accepted if no NI is paid (less hours working)
Yes, no problem.
are weekly payslips considered
Yes. The frequency of payment makes no difference. Earnings are earnings!
John

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:15 am

Thanks a lot.

one more query as well.

The first job i do, since i go though a umbrella company, my payslips contains 3 pages. Only the first page is signed and sealed (where my gross pay is mentioned). The second two pages are just sealed. no sign on the second two pages. is that ok ?

In my second job, i get postal payslips which is in the UK format. it has the company name and my gross pay and holiday pay. does this also need to be signed and sealed?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:05 am

Maybe this is a terminology problem, but I don't understand, in the context of a payslip, what you mean be "sealed"? Can you explain please.

Also, a 3-page payslip? Please explain what is on each of those three pages.
John

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:37 am

i am sorry.

it is stamped(sealed)

The first job i do, since i go though a umbrella company, my payslips contains 3 pages. Only the first page is signed and sealed (where my gross pay is mentioned). The second two pages are just stamped. no sign on the second two pages. is that ok ?

In my second job, i get postal payslips which is in the UK format. it has the company name and my gross pay and holiday pay. does this also need to be signed and stamped?

Thanks

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:26 am

The first job i do, since i go though a umbrella company, my payslips contains 3 pages. Only the first page is signed and sealed (where my gross pay is mentioned). The second two pages are just stamped. no sign on the second two pages. is that ok ?
As John asked, what is present on the final 2 pages? Is it really difficult to take employer's signature on the last 2 pages?

In my second job, i get postal payslips which is in the UK format. it has the company name and my gross pay and holiday pay. does this also need to be signed and stamped?
If they are formal payslips, you dont need any stamps/signature.