ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr spouse application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ilr spouse application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:12 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukman1982
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ukman1982 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:05 pm

Thanks. This is useful.

My wife's first visa was applied from China I suppose this does not affect her application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:08 pm

No it does not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukman1982
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ukman1982 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi,
If we use the joint account bank statement for the address evidence, does it need to be continuous 24 months? The other question, can my wife use some form of documents under her single name and I use other documents, i.e, our documents do not match.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:41 pm
It can be joint names OR in either name. You simply need to submit evidence in both names, jointly or individually, at the same address.

ukman1982
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ukman1982 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:24 pm

Hi,

Regarding the cohabitation again, I am preparing the documents as you suggested but surprisingly I did not see requirement for these in the document list shown as below. What can go possibly wrong?
$$$$
Mandatory documents
The passport or travel document for Mr XXX from China
The police registration certificate for Mrs XXX
The passport issued by China for Mrs XXX
Other documents
All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that Mr XXX has used to travel to or remain in the UK
Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mr XXX for joint accounts or third party support
The degree certificate for Mrs XXX to prove the level of English language required
Evidence of Mrs XXX immigration status in the UK
Declaration signed by Mr XXX to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
Documents to show the public funds I or anyone else who is part of this application received any time during the 12-month period prior to the date of my application, showing payment for each of the public fund(s) I or anyone else who is part of this application received. For example, this can include bank statements or letters.
Current Biometric Residence Permit for Mrs XXX
All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK.
$$$$
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:58 pm
The application form does not ask for time outside the UK. Is this because my wife's current visa was issued before the 11 Jan 2018 so the HO does not care the so called 180 days rule?
Correct.
Also there is no financial requirement such as my wife's payslips etc in the form except asking about the public fund situation. Is this what is expected?
There is no financial or maintenance fund requirment for ilr on set o for dependents.
No requirement to show the marriage certificate or even my son's birth certificate. Am I missing something?
You can submit these and you also need to submit 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both your names from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months over the two years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:28 pm

The checklist is generic. You should follow the guidance and immigration rules, which states this requirement if evidence of subsisting relationship, which is evidence of cohabitation in both names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ukman1982
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ukman1982 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi,

In the document category for my son,there is 'Proof of Application' What does this mean?
CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:28 pm
The checklist is generic. You should follow the guidance and immigration rules, which states this requirement if evidence of subsisting relationship, which is evidence of cohabitation in both names.

ukman1982
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ukman1982 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Update: ILR applications have been approved. Thanks for all the answers to my posts!

ukman1982 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:25 pm
Hi,

I had my ilr apoeoved in Nov 2019 via tier 2 route.My wife will be eligible for application in Jan 2020 when she finishes her 5year stay under Tier 2 dependant vida. Should she use set(m) application form?

My son was born in the uk and is 3 yrs old. Is he supposed to be added as dependant of my wife in her application? These may sound simple questions but I just want to double check. Thanks!