ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation proof for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gskall
India

Accomodation proof for ILR

Post by gskall » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi All,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend.

He is eligible to apply for ILR on 5 year route as tier-2 dependent.
His wife already applied for ILR in Aug and went to India as she is on maternity leave. Later he moved to his friends house in october and living there temporarily since end of october.
His friend owns the house and its on mortgage(not buy to let), so his friend is skeptical to provide tenancy agreement.
Now as part of his ILR application can he go with "Neither Own Nor Rent" option?
If yes, what kind of documentation is required for it? Are there any samples available?
He has council tax and other proofs for all previous addresses until he moved to his friends house. so how important is current accomodation proof which is less than 3 months?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Accomodation proof for ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:51 am

He needs to provide cohabitation evidence with his wife for the last two years. Any document, at least from 3 sources covering the last two years. For the last 3 months he can explain in a covering letter that wife is on maternity leave and he has temporary accommodation
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice