ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Testing jobs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepthi_a1980
Newly Registered

Testing jobs

Post by deepthi_a1980 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi Everybody,
I'm in London from last 6 weeks looking for openings in Software testing.
I have been really unlucky for not getting even one interview.
Daily I get atleast 4 calls from consultants and nothing has been worked out still.

I have 4 yrs of software testing exp in Functional testing.
Anyone facing the similar situation or if anybody can provide any pointers of consultants or openings pls guide me.

Thanks,
Deepthi

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Testing jobs

Post by gotcha » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:30 pm

deepthi_a1980 wrote:Hi Everybody,
I'm in London from last 6 weeks looking for openings in Software testing.
I have been really unlucky for not getting even one interview.
Daily I get atleast 4 calls from consultants and nothing has been worked out still.

I have 4 yrs of software testing exp in Functional testing.
Anyone facing the similar situation or if anybody can provide any pointers of consultants or openings pls guide me.

Thanks,
Deepthi
Broaden your seach, that would be only advice. Register with all possible job sites. Keep eye on them. Send CV to more consultants,

Be flexible about locations. I'm not sure if you have any restriction about it.

ubugger

Post by ubugger » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:05 pm

August is well and truely dead for jobs... Testing is very slow at the moment, June was OK, but July was quiet too. Hopefully it picks up in September, but the chance of getting a job in August in testing is low. In London you have to have lots of finance experience, because most roles are finance. There's a few software houses that advertise, but most of the work is being outsourced to India...

Start looking outside london, to Berkshire, Slough, Hatfield, etc. It's quite expensive to travel out there, etc, but a decent job will make it worth your while. Having LOTS of skills in testing (especially with only 4 years experience) will go against you.

Try and narrow your CV down. 2-3 pages maximum if possible and make sure that it focusses on the job. Cover letters are good to have, but not overly necessary. In June I applied for heaps of jobs and was getting constant calls, but now there's not many at all. Luckily i'm already in a contract.

Aaron

annu_1308
Newly Registered

Pls answer my queries...???

Post by annu_1308 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:06 pm

I calculated my points and its totalling to 80 - 85. or could be more also -

1. What are the chances of me getting the HSMP stamping?
2. What will be the cost involved (for Visa) + Consultant cost?
3. How much balance i need to show in my account at the time of application?
4. What's the list of documents I need to prepare?
5. How long will it take to get a job once HSMP is done... do we need to come there n hunt for a job or do we get calls while being in India itself?
6. Does it matter being single or married? - Is there any adv, disadv related to it?
7. Is there any kind of Visa interview? (can be discussed later)
8. English language requirements? ( I have TOEFL score of 260/300 - but it has expired last year)
9. Do the consultants provide any kind of job assistance - If yes, what are the chances of getting clicked through them?
10. Whats the best time to apply for HSMP
11. Can one apply on their own - w/o help of consultant - how does it affect?
12. Whats the scope of Software Testing in UK?
13. Do we need to show any relative residing in UK?
14. What is the Time frame for this overall process. ?
15. Any other info or issues ie imp and I have missed out on and you guys faced during your process..?

Please mail me: anu1308@gmail.com,

Thanks...good luck 2 ALL

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Pls answer my queries...???

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:58 am

annu_1308 wrote:I calculated my points and its totalling to 80 - 85. or could be more also -

1. What are the chances of me getting the HSMP stamping?
2. What will be the cost involved (for Visa) + Consultant cost?
3. How much balance i need to show in my account at the time of application?
4. What's the list of documents I need to prepare?
5. How long will it take to get a job once HSMP is done... do we need to come there n hunt for a job or do we get calls while being in India itself?
6. Does it matter being single or married? - Is there any adv, disadv related to it?
7. Is there any kind of Visa interview? (can be discussed later)
8. English language requirements? ( I have TOEFL score of 260/300 - but it has expired last year)
9. Do the consultants provide any kind of job assistance - If yes, what are the chances of getting clicked through them?
10. Whats the best time to apply for HSMP
11. Can one apply on their own - w/o help of consultant - how does it affect?
12. Whats the scope of Software Testing in UK?
13. Do we need to show any relative residing in UK?
14. What is the Time frame for this overall process. ?
15. Any other info or issues ie imp and I have missed out on and you guys faced during your process..?

Please mail me: anu1308@gmail.com,

Thanks...good luck 2 ALL
Just read Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system - policy guidance and your queries related to HSMP will be answered. Read it 2-3 times.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm

annu_1308 wrote:I calculated my points and its totalling to 80 - 85. or could be more also ........
Cluttering the forum with duplicate posts will not help you get better / immediate responses.

As advised above, read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* and understand the rules. See that you are from Mumbai, so check VFS website for country-specific application information (forms, fees and procedures). Once you have done what is advised, you will get answers to atleast 10-12 of your questions - on your own.

For the remaining one's, here're some feedback / answers that you will not find in either the policy guidance or on the VFS website:
1. Being single / married has nothing to do with your eligibility for Tier 1.
2. If you consider yourself skilled enough to apply for Tier 1, be assured that you will be able to apply on your own.
3. You getting a job in UK is dependent on your skills, personality and drive. Tier 1 is just a legal ticket that allows you to live and work in the UK.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!