ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA: Do I need to send my passport to Home Office?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danawindsor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non-EEA: Do I need to send my passport to Home Office?

Post by danawindsor » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 pm

Hi,
Looking to make my naturalisation application this week. I am a non-EU resident with ILR.

On the documents tab, it mentions that in order to prove I have been in the UK for 5 years I need to send my original passport:
"If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof."
Does anyone know if you do need to send your passport (in original) when sending evidence documents?

I have a trip planned in a month's time, so if they need my current passport then I will need to postpone my application. My partner, who is an EU citizen has just had her application approved but did not need to send any originals, just had them checked at the Sopra Steria center. Is this the case with non-EU applicants?

Any clarification is much appreciated.

thanks,
Adam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non-EEA: Do I need to send my passport to Home Office?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:50 am

No originals are sent to ho. Everything is scanned and uploaded on the ukcvas portal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.