ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent to MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Child British registration

Post by Arathi13 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Dear board members,

Can I apply for the British registration for my daughter's (UK born on PBS dependent Tier 2 visa) just 30 days before expiry of her Visa duration.

Facts are below:

Birth: UK born

Visa validity: May 2020

Parents immigration status: ILR granted in May 2019

We plan to make a last trip outside the UK with her Indian passport with the UK Tier 2 dependent visa.

Q1: Can we apply for the MN1 registration for my daughter in April 2020 (visa will expire in May 2020)?

Q2: Is she legally allowed to live in the UK until her British registration is confirmed, as it may take longer to get the process to complete and get the registration confirmation (i.e. beyond the validity of the tier 2 visa)?

srsw

Re: Child British registration

Post by srsw » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:59 pm

1. Yes
2. Yes

Why didn't you apply for BC registration for your kid once you got ILR in May 2019?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Re: Child British registration

Post by Arathi13 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:52 am

Thanks for the responses. I will apply on this basis in April 2020.

We had travel planned in July 19 so we got our ILR through the fast track route, but there is no service available for the British registration, therefore we are waiting to apply near the Visa expiry.

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 dependent to MN1 application

Post by Arathi13 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:30 am

Hi all

I have searched the internet but couldn't find any clear guidance on the current situation

Facts:
1/Daughter (a tier 2 dependent) born in the UK, Indian national
2/Both parents are holding ILR since May 2019
3/Daughter's current tier 2 dependent visa is due to expire on 14 May 2020
4/We have made online application for the MN1 registration and uploaded all the required documents around 16 April. Same day we received an auto email confirmation for the application.

Query:
A)Do we need to inform UK Immigration authorities for the extension of Tier 2 dependent visa?
B) is it required to hold a valid visa on the MN1 application date?
C) Do we need to take any further steps before we formally go for the biometric submission once the lockdown ends?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent to MN1 application

Post by CR001 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:35 am

A)Do we need to inform UK Immigration authorities for the extension of Tier 2 dependent visa?
B) is it required to hold a valid visa on the MN1 application date?
C) Do we need to take any further steps before we formally go for the biometric submission once the lockdown ends?
No, No and No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 dependent to MN1 application

Post by Arathi13 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:38 am

Hi CR001

Hope you are safe.

Thanks for merging the topics (I was not able to find my original topic) and the responses.

We will wait for the centre to open.

Many thanks
AR