ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hotel booking for acco proof-- anyone?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

hotel booking for acco proof-- anyone?

Post by tulipz » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi,
Did anyone here book a hotel for acco proof? ( and later cancel the booking)

Please help me with the details...

1. How did u book ? Credit card?
2. Which hotel (please provide the link)
3. Duration? Cost?
4. Was any cancellation fee charged? If yes, how much?
5. How long did it take to get the money back?
6. Did anyone apply for tier1 (initial-general)recently (June-july) without acco proof?

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Urgent!

Post by tulipz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:29 am

Someone who booked a hotel for accomodation proof...plz reply..

Urgent!!

asthra
Newly Registered

Post by asthra » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:28 am

You can book 'any' hotel in London using venere.com using your credit card. Before doing the final submit, make sure
that you read the cancellation policy. Generally, you won't be charged if you cancel the booking 2 days before the
actual date of arrival. The confirmation page / e-mail is proof enough I guess. Hope this answers your question.

-Sudarshan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Just to add to the above -

It is important to understand that the cancellation charge (if any) is something that a hotel dictates and not the website through which you book the accommodation. But yes, the website may ask for some additional "admin" charges if cancellations have to be handled by them.

So, as suggested above, when you make a reservation through a website make sure that you read the cancellation policy of the hotel in question.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

adindas

Re: hotel booking for acco proof-- anyone?

Post by adindas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:26 pm

Nowadays,
It is only a very naive and uninformed people will believe the hotel booking as evidence of accomodation.

Where is the point to have this evidence if you could easily book and later cancel it and you have nothing to loose.

I do not know wether the UKBA is still in this category, bit I know for sure that in some schengen countries they will only accept this as a proof accomodation if you have evidence that you have paid for it (NOT jut book it)

Adindas
tulipz wrote:Hi,
Did anyone here book a hotel for acco proof? ( and later cancel the booking)

Please help me with the details...

1. How did u book ? Credit card?
2. Which hotel (please provide the link)
3. Duration? Cost?
4. Was any cancellation fee charged? If yes, how much?
5. How long did it take to get the money back?
6. Did anyone apply for tier1 (initial-general)recently (June-july) without acco proof?

adindas

Post by adindas » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:16 pm

In the past venere.com did not cherge anything if you cancel ithe booking 2 days before the date of arrival. I do not know the current situation.

So, people use it to con the HO?UKBA, they booked 5 stars hotel for 3-4 weeks to look great in the eye of HO/UK as if they were yuppi ... and later just canceled it. No cancelation fee at all, so you had nothiong to loose.

But I believe that nowadays they are aware about trick.

asthra wrote:You can book 'any' hotel in London using venere.com using your credit card. Before doing the final submit, make sure
that you read the cancellation policy. Generally, you won't be charged if you cancel the booking 2 days before the
actual date of arrival. The confirmation page / e-mail is proof enough I guess. Hope this answers your question.

-Sudarshan