ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from the Home Office before Biometrics appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farogty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Email from the Home Office before Biometrics appointment

Post by farogty » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Dear admins and members,

I need your advice. I am applying for naturalisation for my daughters after having my ILR granted in October 2019.

I have completed the MN1 online applications for both of them yesterday, paid and booked an appointment through Sopra. The biometrics appointment is on the 21st of Jan.

Today I have received 2 separate emails for each of them with the title "Home office Application" it says:

"Case ID: *********

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

I am getting worried, because I thought the applications are usually submitted to the home office after attending the biometrics appointment. I have 2 questions please:

1- Is that a usual automated reply even before the biometrics appointments?
2- On the upload documents section on Sopra, there is no section to upload the referees signed forms, do they need the hard copies?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Email from the Home Office before Biometrics appointment

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:16 pm

for point 1. Online applications are received by UKVI the day they are submitted and paid for, not when you attend biometrics, so not an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Email from the Home Office before Biometrics appointment

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:26 pm

farogty wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 pm
Dear admins and members,

I need your advice. I am applying for naturalisation for my daughters after having my ILR granted in October 2019.

I have completed the MN1 online applications for both of them yesterday, paid and booked an appointment through Sopra. The biometrics appointment is on the 21st of Jan.

Today I have received 2 separate emails for each of them with the title "Home office Application" it says:

"Case ID: *********

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

I am getting worried, because I thought the applications are usually submitted to the home office after attending the biometrics appointment. I have 2 questions please:
There is nothing to worry about

1- Is that a usual automated reply even before the biometrics appointments? yes. Your application is submitted and received by HO. The sopra steria appointment is for Biometrics and supporting document. So, your application has been submitted
2- On the upload documents section on Sopra, there is no section to upload the referees signed forms, do they need the hard copies? You can upload the reference form under Identity or Proof of Application
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.