ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU partner returning to EU country without EU partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london2020_UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non-EU partner returning to EU country without EU partner

Post by london2020_UK » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi
My sister( Indian passport holder) entered UK with her husband( EU passport holder). She has a " Residence Card of a family member of a Union Citizen". They entered together from UK Calais-Dover port through Ferry. My sister got stamp on her Indian passport at immigration counter allowing her to enter UK with her husband.

Now after couple of weeks,she wants to return alone coming Saturday since her husband had to leave early for some work. My question is can she face any issue at immigration control at UK airport to fly back without EU partner? She will be flying back to Germany and she already holds Residence Permit for there.

Many thanks
PK

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Non-EU partner returning to EU country without EU partner

Post by BellaKris » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:38 am

She shouldn’t have an issue based on her residence permit. However, she could take along documentation to prove her relationship (I.e. marriage certificate). If her husband is in the UK already, then she shouldn’t have any issue but to inform them that he is already present (as you can either travel with your spouse or be visiting your spouse who is already present in the country).

I hope this helps.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:46 am

BellaKris wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:38 am
She shouldn’t have an issue based on her residence permit. However, she could take along documentation to prove her relationship (I.e. marriage certificate). If her husband is in the UK already, then she shouldn’t have any issue but to inform them that he is already present (as you can either travel with your spouse or be visiting your spouse who is already present in the country).

I hope this helps.
That's wrong
She must hold family permit to enter the UK if she is travelling without her EU husband even if she hold a residence card issued under EU country

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:50 am

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:46 am
BellaKris wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:38 am

I hope this helps.
That's wrong
She must hold family permit to enter the UK if she is travelling without her EU husband even if she hold a residence card issued under EU country

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card
Sorry I thought she is coming to UK
So if she leaving UK without her husband she wouldn't have any problems

Sorry # BellaKris you are right

london2020_UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by london2020_UK » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:21 am

Thanks a lot, She will be leaving without her husband . Her husband has already left UK 10 days back and is not in UK at present. my concern is will she face an issue at immigration control if it’s discovered that she was staying in UK without her EU Partner for last 10 days and also returning without him.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:35 am

Should be okay. They are more concerned with people entering rather than leaving.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

london2020_UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by london2020_UK » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:58 am

sorry for hassling again and again. Are you sure it won’t be an issue ? I understand it should not be a problem as per what I read online but just in case I wonder I could have a confirmed answer or someone who actually have travelled like this.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:04 am

UK don't have EXIT CHECK when leaving ( like they have in GERMAN airport ) . so when you go to the airport you will only face airlines staff and then when you land in GERMANY you face Gerrman immigration
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

london2020_UK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by london2020_UK » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Thanks to you all