ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused with Online Status check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sassybee

Confused with Online Status check

Post by sassybee » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Good Morning All,

I used the attached link yesterday to to check my right to work in the UK. And it stated "you can work in the UK" with details "There is no limit to how long you can stay in the UK"

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Today however, I got the following when I checked "Your biometric residence card or permit is not valid" "Your biometric residence card or permit has either: expired or been reported lost or stolen".

I am concerned as
1. My current leave to remain is still valid till February 2020 and
2. I have not received an approval email or letter.

Please is this a normal practice, have anyone experienced this?

Background
Applied for ILR set O via T1E 50k Route
Application date: 2nd August 2019
Biometric enrolment: 23rd August 2019
HO acknowledgement of application : 15th august 2019
Update email: Never received
Online Status : Changed on to "you can work in the UK" with details "There is no limit to how long you can stay in the UK"8th January 2020
Online Status : changed to "Your biometric residence card or permit is not valid" "Your biometric residence card or permit has either: expired or been reported lost or stolen".
Approval/Refusal Email: Not received
BRP Card : Not Received

Any little helps please.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Confused with Online Status check

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 pm

As repeated several times here, you must NOT use this to make assumptions about the status of your application.
You MUST wait to hear back from UKVI :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sassybee

Re: Confused with Online Status check

Post by sassybee » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:28 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 pm
As repeated several times here, you must NOT use this to make assumptions about the status of your application.
You MUST wait to hear back from UKVI :!: :!:
Thanks Zimba. Just that the overall process is frustrating especially not having any form of progress update throughout the application waiting time.