ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Pregnancy impact existing sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shahzaib5478
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shahzaib5478 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:15 pm

I work with a consultancy on a T2 sponsorship for a client. I have started recently on a sponsorship earlier was working on dependent visa.
Now I have come to know that I am pregnant. Can it impact my sponsorship in any way? Can employer in anyway pull out my Visa/sponsorship during my pregnancy? Is there any law to protect my sponsorship and not hamper my chances to continue on my general visa?

Shahzaib5478
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shahzaib5478 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:17 am

I work with a consultancy on a T2 sponsorship for a client. I have started recently on a sponsorship earlier was working on dependent visa.
Now I have come to know that I am pregnant. Can it impact my sponsorship in any way? Can employer in anyway pull out my Visa/sponsorship during my pregnancy? Is there any law to protect my sponsorship and not hamper my chances to continue on my general visa?

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can Pregnancy impact existing sponsorship

Post by Voyager3 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:35 pm

As for telling your employer, they are legally not allowed to discriminate against pregnant women. You will be entitiled to statuary maternity pay and maternity leave regardless of your immigration status. The maternity leave will not affect your sponsorship.

However, it is probably best not to tell them if it is such an early stage of pregnancy. Employers have been known to discriminate even if they are not permitted to.

Voyager3
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can Pregnancy impact existing sponsorship

Post by Voyager3 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:39 pm