ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife's spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

My wife's spouse visa application

Post by OmairB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi all,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, for which I will be eternally grateful. I married my wife in Pakistan on 26 October 2019. I had a few questions I was hoping to have cleared up ahead of applying for her visa imminently:

1) I am going to apply for a priority visa. How long do these normally take to be processed and is it part of fee I will pay or my wife when she attends for biometrics etc.

2) Bank Statements - I am going to provide payslips from April to October and bank statements for the same months. If I end up having to submit the application on for example 1st December 2019, will I also need to submit November payslips and statements? Reason I am worried about this is because I live with my father who regularly provides me with money if and when and I need it and he is giving me £2-3k this month (November) to help pay off my credit card. I am worried that the casework may flag this up after seeing it on my statements.

3) I am still unclear exactly about the process. After completing the online form, what exactly happens next? When do I send supporting docs and how? When and how does my wife send her supporting docs. Also I am unsure as to exactly what my wife must send and what I must sent. I know pretty much what is required as a whole as supporting evidence, I am just unsure as to who sends what (spouse and sponsor).

4) Appendix 2 form - how is this submitted? I assume my wife completes it but how does she provide it after completing the online application form for her visa itself.

5) Relevance of studies - my wife has the A1 certificate. I just wanted to know a caseworker would look at her more favourably if we also mention that she is currently due to complete her master's of philosophy within the next week or so.

Apologies for the lengthy post, however I'm sure a lot of you can relate to the stress of these applications. I've been apart from my wife for only a week and missing her a lot already so keen to submit a through application as soon as possible.

Thank you again, I'd appreciate any feedback.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: My wife's spouse visa application

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:34 pm

1. https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/premi ... settlement

2. If you are working for your employer from 6 months then only supply 6 months of payslips & Bank statements and the latest of these shouldn't be older than 28 days from the date of application. In your example of 1st December you will need November's payslip & bank statement too. Other than your wages the HO won't care what you receiving or spending.

3. https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/vacs/ ... -documents

4. According to many members it is not needed but better to print & fill it then upload along with other documents.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk › ...PDF
Appendix 2

5. If she has done the A1 life skills test then it will be all the caseworker will be looked at while ignoring as what else has she acheived.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:42 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt and thorough reply. I am sure I will think of more questions during the week and I shall post further in this topic accordingly.

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:48 pm

@seagul

With regards to point 3, the link you have provided states...."Your sponsor, agent or representative can submit the supporting documents on your behalf in the UK in person for a fee of £75.00 per application payable in cash or with a debit card. Please ensure to provide the documents as per the Checklist. Please note, any A4 size copies not in colour format will attract an additional user pay copy service if they have not been provided."

Does the above mean my wife doesn't have to submit any supporting documents whatsoever and I can do it on her behalf by submitting her supporting docs along with mine together as outlined above?

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi

I recently went through this process. Once you submit the online application, your wife will need to visit the VFS centre and submit her passport and her biometrics

You, as the sponsor, will submit all supporting documents from the U.K. by

1) self upload
2) visiting a centre and paying the fee of £75

If you choose option 2, the centre will scan the documents for you and provide you with a receipt

I believe option 1 is if you choose to submit the online application via the gov.uk website which is a new process - the HO are trying to move away from the old visa4uk website.

I hope this helps

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:04 pm

Also note any supporting documents must be on A4 - otherwise they will not be accepted.

If you have any evidence in the form of receipts etc - they can be scanned and printed as A4

It will save you time

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am very grateful!

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Sorry I have another query. I have all of the supporting documents except for my wife's TB test certificate, A1 certificate and nikkah nama (i do have the translated marriage certificate though). Will she need to courier over these documents to me or can she just scan and email copies to me in order that I can promptly proceed with handing in supporting evidence?

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:22 pm

I have just submitted her application online and paid IHS fee. I was then redirected to the VFS website and unfortunately the very earliest appointment I could get for biometrics etc is 11 December 2019. I was hoping to get one within a few days. Are the any options available to me to somehow get an earlier appointment? I am worried as my understanding is I cannot submit supporting evidence until she has done biometrics? Is it possible for me to submit supporting docs for instance next week while we wait for her biometrics appointment to come up on 11 December?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:24 pm

OmairB wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm
Sorry I have another query. I have all of the supporting documents except for my wife's TB test certificate, A1 certificate and nikkah nama (i do have the translated marriage certificate though). Will she need to courier over these documents to me or can she just scan and email copies to me in order that I can promptly proceed with handing in supporting evidence?
While submitting the application the system must have instructed you what to do.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:36 pm

OmairB wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:22 pm
I have just submitted her application online and paid IHS fee. I was then redirected to the VFS website and unfortunately the very earliest appointment I could get for biometrics etc is 11 December 2019. I was hoping to get one within a few days. Are the any options available to me to somehow get an earlier appointment? I am worried as my understanding is I cannot submit supporting evidence until she has done biometrics? Is it possible for me to submit supporting docs for instance next week while we wait for her biometrics appointment to come up on 11 December?
No, you shall upload everything before your wife’s bio appointment. I don’t know how VFS website looks like but in TLS there was a button which is called “submit supporting papers” (not sure about the exact name but it was obvious that I needed to press there)

Again in TLS it is possible during booking of the appointment to pay extra for out of hours or any day appointment. This is normally literally any day after tomorrow. Just make sure you have enough time to upload all papers

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 am

OmairB wrote:
Hi,

What did you do for this? Did she scan it and email or did you courier?

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:15 pm

iwolga wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:36 pm
OmairB wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:22 pm
No, you shall upload everything before your wife’s bio appointment. I don’t know how VFS website looks like but in TLS there was a button which is called “submit supporting papers” (not sure about the exact name but it was obvious that I needed to press there)

Again in TLS it is possible during booking of the appointment to pay extra for out of hours or any day appointment. This is normally literally any day after tomorrow. Just make sure you have enough time to upload all papers
VFS website gave me option to upload but I want to go to the centre in Wilson Street, London to have docs scanned for £75. With the biometrics appointment 2 weeks away, can i go to Wilson Street with the supporting docs prior to that biometrics appointment to expedite the matter?

Also, there is a checklist that my wife is required to sign and hand in at her biometrics appointment which states she has scanned or brought in supporting documents. It says she must sign at the appointment. How can she sign this if I'M the one sending supporting docs? Does she need to sign the checklist then courier it over to me?

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:15 pm

uj95 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 am
OmairB wrote:
She sent it by courier today so I can add to supporting docs which I'll submit
Hi,

What did you do for this? Did she scan it and email or did you courier?

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi All,

I am hoping to submit supporting documents tomorrow for my wife's spouse so an urgent reply would be extremely appreciated.

I live with my father who pays all utility bills etc. There is no mortgage on the property as that was paid off in 2012.

We have no correspondence confirming the mortgage is paid off however we have up to date title deeds and you can see that there is no charge on the property.

The docs I am submitting in respect of accommodation are as follows:

1) title deeds
2) property inspection report
3) letter from father confirming I can reside with him and do not need to make any payments.

Do I also need my dad's utility bills for any reason? Are the above enough as I am residing with father, he has confirmed I am to continue residing with them and the property most certainly is not overcrowded as only myself and my father (widowed) live here.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 pm

OmairB wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:08 pm
Hi All,

I am hoping to submit supporting documents tomorrow for my wife's spouse so an urgent reply would be extremely appreciated.

I live with my father who pays all utility bills etc. There is no mortgage on the property as that was paid off in 2012.

We have no correspondence confirming the mortgage is paid off however we have up to date title deeds and you can see that there is no charge on the property.

The docs I am submitting in respect of accommodation are as follows:

1) title deeds
2) property inspection report
3) letter from father confirming I can reside with him and do not need to make any payments.

Do I also need my dad's utility bills for any reason? Are the above enough as I am residing with father, he has confirmed I am to continue residing with them and the property most certainly is not overcrowded as only myself and my father (widowed) live here.
All three above documents to meet the accomodation requirement will be enough. Instead father's utility bills you can attach his named council tax bill which will be totally optional.

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:27 am

Thank you very much once more for your reply seagul. I do have the council tax bill from my father however it is in his name and my mother's. My mother passed away in 2008. So I am concerned about including this as they will see her name on it. Can I leave out utility bills and council tax?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:59 am

OmairB wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:27 am
Thank you very much once more for your reply seagul. I do have the council tax bill from my father however it is in his name and my mother's. My mother passed away in 2008. So I am concerned about including this as they will see her name on it. Can I leave out utility bills and council tax?
Just add above three documents and don't attach any bill

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:20 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:59 am
OmairB wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:27 am
Just add above three documents and don't attach any bill
Thank you once more for your reply Seagul. You've been very helpful throughout and I very much appreciate it. By any chance do you know where I can find out when VFS in Wilson Street, London opens/closes. I've searched everywhere and I am headed there today to scan the docs but can't see anywhere online what the opening and closing times are.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:25 pm

OmairB wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:20 am

. By any chance do you know where I can find out when VFS in Wilson Street, London opens/closes. I've searched everywhere and I am headed there today to scan the docs but can't see anywhere online what the opening and closing times are.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/cze/a ... tre/london

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:37 am

Have just heard from my wife that her visa was granted. To all those who helped I want to say a massive thank you, in particular Seagul. You guys are all incredible and deserve a level of credit I can't put into words for the support your provide, without charging a penny.

Thank you so much for this forum and I wish you all the best. No doubt I shall be posting further in the future and if anyone is in a similar situation to me and wishes to discuss, I'm happy to help.

Eternally grateful, Omair.

silentsmile
United Kingdom

Post by silentsmile » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Many congratulations.

Your stress gone now.

Can you click on my name and send me a message through your inbox so i can get advice and help from you. I am in same process like you.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:04 am

silentsmile wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:18 pm
Many congratulations.

Your stress gone now.

Can you click on my name and send me a message through your inbox so i can get advice and help from you. I am in same process like you.

Many thanks
The user doesn't have the privilege of the PM function. You should post in public in your existing topic you already have instead of asking members to PM you, as your PM function can also be removed permanently if it is abused and your are spamming other members for advice
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.