ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(G)+Tier2(G) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukindian23
India

Re: Tier1(G)+Tier2(2) to ILR

Post by ukindian23 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware and it seems to be a quick option to complete. One further question please. On the website it says
  • 10 minute speaking and listening test
  • Provisional results on the same day
  • Certificate usually sent within 7 days
  • Speaking & Listening only
Will the provisional results shared on the same day be sufficient to submit for ILR or should I wait for 7 days and submit the Certificate.

My main constraint is the time to submit immediately to HO as I am ready with everything else.

Regards

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:19 pm

The may ask you to provide NARIC. If worried, why not get NARIC now and remove the risk ?! Alternatively you can sit SELT as advised above
True. I am keen to provide NARIC or any other options. Just that the time is not enough to finish and get ILR before my planned travel. I either have to delay ILR filing or do it without NARIC/other option by taking risk. Just pondering between the two.

Thanks & Regards

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:28 pm

I just spoke to Trinity and they have latest test date availability on Thursday BUT, they confirmed that Home Office only accepts the final certificate which takes 7 days+1 day(express service) to finally reach the candidate.

It's not good I guess for the urgency. :( Thanks anyways for the information. Others may find it helpful.

Regards

ukindian23
India

Priority Vs Super Priority Service

Post by ukindian23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi
I am at the last stage of filling my online application for my ILR.

I see the three options - Standard, Priority and Super-Priority.

I have two questions

1. Is there any difference between Priority & Super-Priority in handling the application except for 4 days difference. If so, I though Priority saves 300 for just 4 days. Or else, I don't want to risk it and go for super-priority. Anyone here who went for Priority and got approval within 5 days or any other experiences. Seniors/Moderators, your comments are appreciated as well.

2. I didn't have NARIC which I discussed the need for it in detail in other thread. Now I decided to apply for it. My question is - Can I submit my application today and take a BRP slot while my NARIC is being processed.

I read somewhere that all the documents I submit/upload should be dated as on or before application date.

Please advise these two.

Thanks & Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 pm

Topics merged!!! Please read forum rule about multiple topics in the link below!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:48 pm

I read somewhere that all the documents I submit/upload should be dated as on or before application date.
Correct, so suggest you wait till you have everything before applying and submitting online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:55 pm

Sure and understand for merging the topics.. I created separate one as it's totally specific to appoints and my initial thread heading got messed up with Tier 2(2) instead of Tier 2(G) and there is no way I can change it. So, I thought this is the opportunity to start fresh.

Coming back to my questions.. please advise on my first one regarding Priority vs Super-Priority

Thanks & Regards

ukindian23
India

NARIC Time?

Post by ukindian23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:39 pm

And, can someone share a realistic time it takes for NARIC certificate - From paying fee to receiving the certificate. And for fast track, would they deliver on saturdays/weekends.

Thanks & Regards

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:41 pm

Also CR001 and other moderators
Sure and understand for merging the topics.. I created separate one as it's totally specific to appoints and my initial thread heading got messed up with Tier 2(2) instead of Tier 2(G) and there is no way I can change it. So, I thought this is the opportunity to start fresh.
Please note that there is no way to change heading even after I edit above, the next time I reply it takes original heading. Is it intentional or can we have atleast the heading to continue once we change it.

Just a thought!!

Thanks

ukindian23
India

Re: Tier1(G)+Tier2(G) to ILR

Post by ukindian23 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:38 am

Hi

Please can someone answer these questions raised earlier.

1. Is there any difference between Priority & Super-Priority in handling the application except for 4 days difference. If so, I though Priority saves 300 for just 4 days. Or else, I don't want to risk it and go for super-priority. Anyone here who went for Priority and got approval within 5 days or any other experiences. Seniors/Moderators, your comments are appreciated as well.

2. Someone share a realistic time it takes for NARIC certificate - From paying fee to receiving the certificate. And for fast track, would they deliver on saturdays/weekends.

Thanks & Regards

ukindian23
India

Priority Vs Super Priority!! Which one????

Post by ukindian23 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:32 pm

All
Let me answer one of my own questions..
2. Someone share a realistic time it takes for NARIC certificate - From paying fee to receiving the certificate. And for fast track, would they deliver on saturdays/weekends.
It took hardly 24 hours to complete the NARIC. I submitted last night, followed up this morning and it was completed now. I went for 48 hours fast track and the team has been very helpful.

Please answer my other request regarding Priority Vs Super Priority below. I am all set to book appointment but wan't to know this to opt Priority or else go for super..Truly appreciate quick advises.
Thanks & Regards

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Hello All
Please can someone reply back..

I am trying to select Priority Service to my ILR and it comes up with this
Make sure you can use the priority service in the country you are applying from, and for the type of visa you are applying for. You must check the list of available locations and services offered.
Firstly, why is this coming up as I am in UK and it doesn't have UK in the list. Should I ignore this.

Next, it shows a tick box saying this
Confirm that you are aware priority service is only available for certain visa categories and is not available in all locations
I have read the guidance and checked the list of available locations and services offered for the visa category I have selected, and I have confirmed that my location of choice provides the service I require
Where are these and how is this different from super-priority service and should I select this or not.

Appreciate some replies.

Thanks

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi Zimba, CR001
You totally stopped responding to my queries.. I came far because of you.. Please help with this last one.. I am just waiting to press next and submit on Priority instead of super-priority. Have been waiting for some reply from morning.

Please have a look at my last few posts..

Thanks in advance

ukindian23
India

Sopra Steria UKVCAS Appointments

Post by ukindian23 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello All
After all the process and guidance from you.. I submitted the application and now at the appointments stage..

I am trying to understand a couple of things here.. I see express and standard appointments..

What is the difference between these two. In the guide I see only Core, Enhanced or Premium type but not Express or Standard.

Also, in standard there are charges before 10am which I think are out of normal hours.

If there are no appointments after 10am for a given day, does that mean they are filled or will they be open after midnight.

Please advise or share any other thread where it is already discussed.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 am

Super priority is 24 hour decision. Priority is within a week or so. Standard is within 6 months. Appointments are given based on availability, I do not know much about how these are allocated
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ukindian23
India

Re: ILR Document Upload?

Post by ukindian23 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Thanks Zimba. I got the priority appointment for Monday itself.

Quick question on Passport upload -

Should we scan all pages of the passport and upload or just the first and last page. Someone please advise.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:54 pm

All pages with stamps and the biometric page!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ukindian23
India

Biometric Page in the Passport?

Post by ukindian23 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Thanks for quick reply.

What is the Biometric page on Passport. We already have BRP card and there is no UK Biometric page in the passport right.

And, is it the same for old passports as well - All pages with stamps and first/last pages with details?

Please advise.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:31 pm

The page with personal details and photo!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:51 pm

Got it. Thanks.

ukindian23
India

ILR Successful SET(O)

Post by ukindian23 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 pm

Hello All
Wish to share my good news with you.. I got my ILR approval mail today. Once I get the BRP I shall post on the timelines section as well.

It took just over 24 hours while I submitted my application through Priority service and attended my appointment at Croydon Core Service point yesterday morning.

I simply followed the checklist of Home office application and the guidance given by Zimba and CR001 whom I thank a ton for all the time and advise they give to umpteen people like me.

Best Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:57 pm

Congratulations. Just to confirm you were granted points for English language anyways right (No NARIC) ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Thanks a lot Zimba..

And to your question.. NO.. I didn't want to take risk and applied for NARIC on 48hr fast track. I received it within 2 days..

Best Regards