ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanihani
Chile

Help please

Post by hanihani » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Hello I would like if anyone has information with this topic please

I'm a non EU citizen with IRL since 2011 but in 2012 I committed and offence and was jailed for 12 months, i was released and fortunately kept my ILR but obviously can't apply for BC at the moment
So i have travelled many times But i keep stopped at the airport because my offence still flagging and i go through alot of stress and embarrassment

My question is, who do I need to contact regarding removing that from my file as its been over 5 years? I talk about immigration point of view

Any phone number or email address or any steps?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help please

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 pm

I’m afraid immigration and nationality matters are not subject to any rehabilitation time periods, your conviction information will not be removed. It will only be deleted from the PNC when you reach 100 years of age. Once you become British you’ll not likely encounter a check on each entry, but will be barred from certain countries e.g. USA.

This is specifically stated in legislation (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.