ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general dependant to tier 2 general main applicant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sonal007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 general dependant to tier 2 general main applicant

Post by Sonal007 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:34 pm

Hi,
I am on tier 2 general main applicant since sept, 19 and my husband is on tier 2 general dependant since oct, 19 (prior to this he was on tier 2 ict for 2 years).
Now he is joining a company which wants to sponsor his visa and hire him as a tier 2 general main applicant. Is it possible? Does he need to be on dependant visa for 12 months before switching to main applicant? Is there any cooling off for changing visas this frequently?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general dependant to tier 2 general main applicant

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:40 pm

He need 12 months on a dependent visa, which is the cooling off period, before he can apply for tier 2 general from home country if he and his sponsor meet all the requirements.

Note the cooling off applies to tier 2 ict to tier 2 general main visa holder and not to tier 2 dependent to tier main visa. In other words, he cannot have held a tier 2 ICT visa for 12 months.

His clock for ilr will reset to zero if he changes to tier 2 general.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sonal007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 general dependant to tier 2 general main applicant

Post by Sonal007 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Thanks for your reply. It is very helpful.