ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from uk decision making centre

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben_hadadha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Email from uk decision making centre

Post by Ben_hadadha » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:07 pm

Can you explain me if my visa application has been granted. Please note we took the passport back when we submitted the application.
On other hand we have send the passport back to them after few days of receiving this email but did not heard back from them yet. Its been 21 days.
Is that because of xmas holidays or should i be worried.
Thanks
Email ⬇️

Thank you for your application for entry clearance for which you used the Submission Without Passport service. Your application has now been assessed, please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre where you submitted your application.

Please would you submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre within 21 calendar days of the receipt of this email. Failure to do so may result in your application being lapsed. Please also submit a copy of this e-mail so that the Visa Application Centre will accept your passport.

Kind regards,

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Email from uk decision making centre

Post by rssfed23 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:52 am

You won’t hear back until they’ve made a decision.

The 21 days was how long they give you to send off your passport.

You don’t need to worry. Depending on the visa you applied for and your application it can take anywhere between 6 weeks to 3 months. Can be longer as well.

You’ll get a communication when the decision has been made there’s not much in the way of “updates” as the application moves through the system.

Yes: Christmas/new year has an impact on processing times. Especially given all the Xmas bank holidays this year fell on a weekday.
Combine Christmas with the time of year more people have time off work anyway and that effectively means everything gets put on hold for a week and the timeframes increase until later in January when they’ve caught up

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:58 am

Ben_hadadha wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:07 pm
Can you explain me if my visa application has been granted. Please note we took the passport back when we submitted the application.
On other hand we have send the passport back to them after few days of receiving this email but did not heard back from them yet. Its been 21 days.
Thanks
Email ⬇️

Thank you for your application for entry clearance for which you used the Submission Without Passport service. Your application has now been assessed, please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre where you submitted your application.

Please would you submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre within 21 calendar days of the receipt of this email. Failure to do so may result in your application being lapsed. Please also submit a copy of this e-mail so that the Visa Application Centre will accept your passport.

Kind regards,
It means decision made on the application. Since you returned passport then await notification for you to pick up.

Ben_hadadha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ben_hadadha » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 am

Hi guys
Thanks for reply I forgot to mention this is settlement visa for my wife and we received this email after 3 months. The application an biometric was done on 4/10/19. I believe if the visa application is refused you will receive refusal email an if they are asking for your passport that means the visa application is granted!
Any thoughts on that?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:44 pm

Ben_hadadha wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 am
Hi guys
Thanks for reply I forgot to mention this is settlement visa for my wife and we received this email after 3 months. The application an biometric was done on 4/10/19. I believe if the visa application is refused you will receive refusal email an if they are asking for your passport that means the visa application is granted!
Any thoughts on that?
This can not be said with certainty till you get your passport back. ATBE wishing you positive outcome.

Ben_hadadha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: confusing Emails from uk decision making centre

Post by Ben_hadadha » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi guys again
As you know we applied visa for my wife with out submitting passport. Then we received a email saying the application has been assessed and we should submit her passport back to the visa application center. They usually asked for this if visa has been granted other wise they send you a refusal letter by email. I know this because its my second application and the frist one was refused and we did received refusal email straight away.
We submitted the passport back in 18/12 but have not heard anything back after few emails to Sheffield and TLs I received this email today 16/01.
Email from visa centre:
Thank you for your enquiry.

I refer you to my email sent to you on 15th January 2020, as advised due to experiencing some technical issues your decision was not received at the Visa Application Centre (VAC). We are working on rectifying the issues and once rectified you will be contacted.

Is that something normal or should i be worried.

Ahmad2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ahmad2020 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:06 am

Did visa is granted i have same case please let me know
Ben_hadadha wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:07 pm
Thanks
Email ⬇️

Kind regards,

Ben_hadadha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ben_hadadha » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:20 am

Hi Ahmad. Yes the visa was granted and we did received the passport back on 21/01 after 4 weeks.
If they asking to submit the passport back to them that means the visa is granted. Good luck mate