ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - PCN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

standrews
United Kingdom

Naturalization - PCN

Post by standrews » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:09 am

Hi there,

I am applying for Naturalization in a week time, I received 2 PCN and 1 ticket for parking in disabled space. All paid on time within 30 days. Can someone please tell me where do declare them under the following headings?

Is it under A penalty for driving offence ... or a civil penalty ?

- A criminal conviction
- A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
- An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
- A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
- A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
- A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Re: Naturalization - PCN

Post by xavieryves » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:35 am

standrews wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:09 am
I received 2 PCN and 1 ticket for parking in disabled space.
So you've had 3 PCNs? What were the other 2 for and were they issued by police? Not sure what you meant with above but generally there is no requirement to declare PCNs.

See Q5 https://www.immigrationboards.com/brit ... 5532.html

standrews
United Kingdom

Post by standrews » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 am

standrews wrote:
Hi there,

I am applying for Naturalization in a week time, I received 2 PCN and 1 ticket for parking in disabled space. All paid on time within 30 days. Can someone please tell me where do declare them under the following headings?

- A criminal conviction
- A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
- A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour

I got 2 PCN from city council for parking and 1 parking charge from UK Parking Control Ltd. All paid immediately. From the guidance its clear they don't have any effect, but not sure if and where I need to declare them?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:47 pm

standrews wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 am
standrews wrote:
Hi there,

- A criminal conviction

I got 2 PCN from city council for parking and 1 parking charge from UK Parking Control Ltd. All paid immediately. From the guidance its clear they don't have any effect, but not sure if and where I need to declare them?
Many people struggle to understand the difference between FPN and PCN, I do too sometimes. The guidance asks for FPN to be declared, however, to avoid mistakenly falling for deception, I have declared my PCNs under driving offence and clearly stated that they were PCNs when I was making all my previous applications where the question came up (FYI, I had a parking ticket and a bus lane ticket about 6 years ago). So if you want to declare them, go ahead and declare them under the driving offence.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.