ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Pensioner applying for EU Settlement Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eman4730
Newly Registered

EU Pensioner applying for EU Settlement Status

Post by eman4730 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:46 am

Hello! I am sorry if this post doesn't belong here but couldn't find any EU Settlement Status questions on the main board. My mum has been living in the UK with me since 31st May 2011. She never worked here or claimed any benefits as she has been receiving Czech pension and helped me to look after my son whilst I was working. Now with the Brexit situation we tried to apply for the Settlement Status but as soon as I entered her passport info the page came up with the following: 'the details entered don't match our records', not enabling me to carry on. My question is what can I do in order for my mother to remain in the UK after the Brexit? I have dual nationality: Czech and British. Would that affect our situation somehow? Thank you very much for any advice.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: EU Pensioner applying for EU Settlement Status

Post by Richard W » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:33 am

The post does belong here.

If she has used a different Czech passport in the UK, I suggest you try entering that passport's number. Otherwise, you'll have to contact the 'EU Settlement Resolution Centre', Telephone: 0300 123 7379. Is she known to the UK tax or benefits systems? She may well have to complete a paper form, which is to be obtained from the same Resolution Centre.

Your being Czech might have some relevance to any debates over whether she has been here lawfully, but that would only matter if she sought British citizenship. Because of the Lounes decision, your being British is only a problem if you were British when you arrived in the UK. If you became British after moving to the UK, it is not a problem.

eman4730
Newly Registered

Re: EU Pensioner applying for EU Settlement Status

Post by eman4730 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:43 am

Thank you Richard. We will contact them as soon as possible. My mum never claimed any benefits or worked in the UK so I doubt she would be known to them. It's true her passport was renewed since then but Czech embassy doesn't return the old one. Therefore will will contact the resolution centre as you suggested. Have a nice weekend!