ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) questions regarding the online form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jasonw56
Newly Registered
China

FLR (M) questions regarding the online form

Post by Jasonw56 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:58 pm

I have two questions regarding the online form:

1. Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner)?

My understanding is that the answer should be YES if this is the first time you applied or first spouse visa extension (Following the initial 2.5 years). Only answer No if this is the second extension or more. Is that correct?

2. In Finance section,I am employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application therefore I answered Yes, Then there are four choice from question "What do they earn":

1.The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.
2.The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount.
3.Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.
4.Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount.

I had two pay raises in the past 6 months, and overtime (I don't intent to include overtime in the claim, as it has to be calculated using non-salaried method and I will have to include it in the employers letter which makes things more complicated, as my basic annual pay is already way above the minimum 18600 so I see little point to include overtime, my understanding is that people include overtime if their basic annual pay alone can not meet the minimum requirement, if the basic pay is enough, then it is not a must to include overtime, am I right?), my annual income before tax varies in each month, but all above 18600. So do I choose 1 or 3?

Much appreciated for any help guys.

:D

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) questions regarding the online form

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:58 am

Jasonw56 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:58 pm
I have two questions regarding the online form:

1. Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner)?

My understanding is that the answer should be YES if this is the first time you applied or first spouse visa extension (Following the initial 2.5 years). Only answer No if this is the second extension or more. Is that correct?

2. In Finance section,I am employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application therefore I answered Yes, Then there are four choice from question "What do they earn":

1.The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.
2.The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount.
3.Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.
4.Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount.

I had two pay raises in the past 6 months, and overtime (I don't intent to include overtime in the claim, as it has to be calculated using non-salaried method and I will have to include it in the employers letter which makes things more complicated, as my basic annual pay is already way above the minimum 18600 so I see little point to include overtime, my understanding is that people include overtime if their basic annual pay alone can not meet the minimum requirement, if the basic pay is enough, then it is not a must to include overtime, am I right?), my annual income before tax varies in each month, but all above 18600. So do I choose 1 or 3?

Much appreciated for any help guys.

:D
1. YES

2. I would say option 3 as you have had pay raises in last six months and also your overtime which presume reflects on your pay slips.
This is not A complication, let your employer letter address these and also your cover letter I. E. Pay rise and overtime.

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rssfed23 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:17 am

For 1, if your initial spouse visa was with the same partner then this is your second via application on the “partner route” and you should answer no if that applies to you

You’re also the same amount continuously as long as you’re paid around the same day every month or week
The non-continuous option 3 is meant for people paid inconsistently such as freelancers/photographers etc who get random lump sums

Even though your pay has varied and gone up it’s still being paid consistently and you cover the salary increases in a cover letter

I.E I sponsor my husband and have an on target earnings element to my pay along with a base salary. Every month is wildly different from the last as a result but I’m always paid at least a certain level every month. Therefore consistent pay above the threshold.

Jasonw56
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jasonw56 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:09 am

rssfed23 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:17 am
For 1, if your initial spouse visa was with the same partner then this is your second via application on the “partner route” and you should answer no if that applies to you

You’re also the same amount continuously as long as you’re paid around the same day every month or week
The non-continuous option 3 is meant for people paid inconsistently such as freelancers/photographers etc who get random lump sums

Even though your pay has varied and gone up it’s still being paid consistently and you cover the salary increases in a cover letter

I.E I sponsor my husband and have an on target earnings element to my pay along with a base salary. Every month is wildly different from the last as a result but I’m always paid at least a certain level every month. Therefore consistent pay above the threshold.
Thanks for the reply, I have one more question: As this is my second application with the same partner, I will answer 'No' for question 1, then there is another question after this one "Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type"
The options are:
1.First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person.
2.Additional extension as a partner.
Which one is applicable to me?

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rssfed23 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:31 pm

This is your first FLR after getting a spouse visa, so it is your first extension as a partner after your initial period of entry under a spouse visa. Option 1.

Jasonw56
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jasonw56 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:04 pm

rssfed23 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:31 pm
This is your first FLR after getting a spouse visa, so it is your first extension as a partner after your initial period of entry under a spouse visa. Option 1.
Thank you very much.

I have just submitted online. There are three consent forms. I am not sure about the Part 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor.

It asks 'Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?' I answered yes, because the bank statement and utility bill are in both of our names, and my partner is my financial sponsor.

Then it asked me to provide a declaration signed by each of the customers on an account with a bank or utility company relating to another person who is to provide me with financial support. I have added my partner's name and my partner signed the consent, as my partner is my financial sponsor.

My question is as I am also the customer of the same account, do I need to add my self on it and sign as well? But the wording is for financial sponsor, as it asks for 'Name and address of financial sponsor' it would be weird for me to sign it. :shock:

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:01 am

Jasonw56 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:04 pm
It asks 'Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?' I answered yes, because the bank statement and utility bill are in both of our names, and my partner is my financial sponsor.
Probably should have answered "no" as my understanding is the question is intended to relate to third-party financial sponsors. As it's a poorly worded question, I can imagine this situation comes up a fair bit and the Home Office would hopefully understand why people answer it the way they do. Might be worth noting in a cover letter that you are not relying on any third-party sponsorship and that any accounts being relied upon are in the name of you and your partner only.
Jasonw56 wrote:
Then it asked me to provide a declaration signed by each of the customers on an account with a bank or utility company relating to another person who is to provide me with financial support. I have added my partner's name and my partner signed the consent, as my partner is my financial sponsor.

My question is as I am also the customer of the same account, do I need to add my self on it and sign as well? But the wording is for financial sponsor, as it asks for 'Name and address of financial sponsor' it would be weird for me to sign it. :shock:
You already would have provided consent for the Home Office to access/verify your information in the Part 1 form and your partner in the Part 2 form, so I wouldn't worry about adding yourself again. Again, it may be worth noting on the Part 3 form that there are no third-party financial sponsors just so it's clear.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rssfed23 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:09 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:01 am
Jasonw56 wrote:
Probably should have answered "no" as my understanding is the question is intended to relate to third-party financial sponsors.
This is correct, and you're right it's very poorly worded as anyone could interpret that as referring to their sponsor!

OP; you should have ticked no, but it's not a huge concern as they'll see there's no third party (just you + sponsor) when they review your evidence.

The *worst* that could happen is you get an automated email saying "we need you to scan and email part 3 of the consent form", at which point you can reply to the address it lists explaining what happened and that there are no third parties involved only you and your sponsor.

That likely won't happen though, especially if you made it clear in your cover letters/on the consent form as Geoeng suggests you do :)

Jasonw56
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jasonw56 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Thanks guys. Much appreciated for your help!