ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE for Children of British parents born in SA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SuperM
Newly Registered
South Africa

ILE for Children of British parents born in SA

Post by SuperM » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi There, I am trying to get some information on the way to get settlement Visa's for my wife and children.
I have my British passport through my mother and I was told that I would need to be in the UK for 6 months before I can apply for their Visas.
Please can someone give me some advice on the best route to go. Sorry to sound stupid but what does ILE stand for.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILE for Children of British parents born in SA

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:38 pm

SuperM wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm
Hi There, I am trying to get some information on the way to get settlement Visa's for my wife and children.
I have my British passport through my mother and I was told that I would need to be in the UK for 6 months before I can apply for their Visas.
Please can someone give me some advice on the best route to go. Sorry to sound stupid bu
Indefinite Leave to Enter
It was later resolved before ystrdy was over

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:23 am

I have split your topic from the thread it was in as it was an unrelated query.

What is the UK immigration status of the other parent? The general rule of thumb is that the UK immigration status of children born abroad follows the less privileged parent.

So, if your spouse is only eligible for a spousal via, the children will have the same status as the non-EEA spouse.

To be able to sponsor your spouse and children to the UK, you need to prove that you met specific financial requirements, either via annual earnings or via savings. The amount depends on the number of children. So, how many children will you be sponsoring to the UK along with your spouse?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

SuperM
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SuperM » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:33 am

Good day,

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, and thank for the answer.
So I have 3 children, and my wife that I would need to sponsor. I would then assume that I would need to follow the 6 month rule to be able to meet the annual earnings requirements as I don't have enough savings?
I also would also have to pay the NHS surcharge? I read in a threat that it is not always required if you apply for ILE, what then would be the requirements to get ILE?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:05 am

Your children can't get ILE. This would only apply if both parents were British or held indefinite leave to remain.

As your spouse needs a visa, the children will also need a visa and follow the same path as your wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SuperM
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SuperM » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:35 am

Thank you CR001 I appreciate your help.
I one more question, once I am in the UK and have the requirements for applying for the visas, can I apply for them in the UK or does it have to be done by my wife from SA? Or is there a way they can come over to the UK and we can apply there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:03 am

They have to apply in South Africa. They cannot apply within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.