ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of joint address for wife just arrived in the country

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daved115
Newly Registered
Ireland

Proof of joint address for wife just arrived in the country

Post by daved115 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:16 pm

I am Irish, We arrived into Shannon airport last Saturday and my American wife got a stamp which allows her into Ireland until Feb 11th for the purpose of applying for residency. We had been over a year flying back and over staying with each other for extended periods of time here in Ireland and in the USA. Since one of the requirements is joint proof of address, should we give all the flight info from the previous year as well as photos to show we had spent that time together, or will a joint utility bill from Ireland now as well as a tenancy agreement with both our names on it suffice? Thanks for any help!

smiley012
Newly Registered

Re: Proof of joint address for wife just arrived in the country

Post by smiley012 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:37 pm

As much documentation is usually a good thing.

Is your joint tenancy agreement an Irish one? That should help. When I applied with my wife, we were staying with my parents. We showed a signed agreement from my parents that we both resided at their address. Has your wife applied for a a PPS number? We also used that document to give her address (Despite it saying it's not proof of ID), and the toll tag letter too (she applied for the toll tag in her name).

This was 5 years ago, so it was a different system and they were a little more lenient. But we had no bills or mortgage or anything at that stage having JUST entered the country. Hopefully this might help you.

daved115
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Proof of joint address for wife just arrived in the country

Post by daved115 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Yes, it is an Irish one. We are currently setting up the bills now as well. Thanks for your reply!