ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor's degree confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Satnov
Newly Registered

Bachelor's degree confusion

Post by Satnov » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:34 pm

Hello All

Need a favour. I have a degree titled " Bachelor of Technology" from a University which is recognised in the self assessment tool. This is a 4 year degree done from India. However under qualification in the self assessment tool - there are three options which are bachelor degree (Honours/Special), Bachelore degree (Minimum 4 year programme) and Bachelor degree (ordinary/Pass).

My query is which option should I choose? Does this make a difference? When I checked with NARIC it is equivalent to British Bachelor (Honours) degree equivalent - can I choose this?

Can you please clarify based on what you have done. I am sure that most people from India would have got their degree similar to mine. Any help provided will be greatly appreciated folks.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:33 am

Engineering discipline - Bachelore degree (Minimum 4 year programme)

Ordinary / Pass / Honours is, in the Indian context, for 3yr programmes (e.g. - bachelors degree in arts, science, commerce etc.).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:14 pm

Thanks

Thanks for your response. Wanted to share some more details and take some advice. I got a Bachelor of Technoloy degree from Kuruskshetra University, Kurukshetra.

Though this is in the self assessment tool as I was not sure of which degree optin to choose - I got a letter from UK NARIC which states that it is equivalent to British Bachelor (Honours degree).

Can I still attach this letter as an additional proof. For english language requirement - the degree should be on the assessment tool and therefore I wanted to be quite sure before I put something.

Incidentally, I have also realised that any of the options can be selected as long as the duration of the course is more than 3 years. The self assessment tool seems to work for all the options. Am I right in this assumption?

One last query is I am not sure of the exact dates of start and end of my 4 year course as I did this way back in 1993 - any suggestions - please. If the course duration is 3 years 10 months - can I still choose the minimum 4 year programme option as suggested earlier

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

arvinthseran
Newly Registered

Post by arvinthseran » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks Satnov, actually after reading this forum i am getting new queries in my mind which i have not figured it out. Even i have the same query wht you have wriiten here we hope that Mr.Guru will solve our quries

GURU,
I am sure that my college started on 15th august 2001 and by 3rd June 2005 i am on job so it means i have spend 3yrs and 10 months will it create any confusion in the process?.
To avoid confusion i tried selecting all 3 options (bachelor degree (Honours/Special), Bachelore degree (Minimum 4 year programme) and Bachelor degree (ordinary/Pass).) one by one in the point based calculator

with course length as "3 years or less than 4" it is giving me 30 points in all of the combination
but still it is always better to hear from the experienced ppl, guru can you plz clear our confusion?...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:23 pm

Reading this might be helpful.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Reading this might be helpful.

regards
Hello Guru - thanks for confirming.

Thanks - but what about my first question on the name in my degree where my initails are not expanded.

Thanks

Sathish