ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

enquiry from the current employer

Post by tier1_visa » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Any idea , if HO makes any enquiry from the current employer ?

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_visa » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Any idea , if HO makes enquiry from the current employer

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_visa » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Any idea if HO makes enquiry from the current employer

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:38 pm

mbasaaga wrote:I read in this forum that this is the date when the payment was deducted. Although the HO says they are processing till 10th June, and it will be 2 weeks before they move further however; one of the members who had his payment deducted on 13th June, has his case assigned to a caseworker. Cant say what to make out of it.

regards,
grant1 wrote:Hello guys,

Just a quick question, i have been reading the forum for quite sometime and people post the processing times all the time and also wht date applications HO is working on.

for example, when we say HO is working on 10th june applications, wht does that mean? does 10th of june here means the date when they recieved the application or is it the date on the refrence letter??

Please advise.

Regards :)
Actually spoke to the lady at HO today, got the same answer as everyone else that still processing applications recieved till 10th june. i also asked her about the date thing and she said that the date which they give when they say Ho is working on the applications recieved on so and so date, is actually the date they recieved the application and not the one on which paymeny was processed. Hope this helps

Regards :)

chris67
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa

Post by chris67 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 am

Hi all,

Received my visa yesterday. Here are the details:

Sent Application: 17th June 2008
HO Received Application: 18th June 2008
Fee deducted: 23rd June 2008
Letter received with Reference dated 25th June 2008 (Had sent a Cheque)
Sent Urgent Treatment Fax: 16th July 2008
Called HO on 29th July 2008 and informed case is being looked at and will receive visa soon.
Called HO on 30th July and the guy was really nice and said it was posted on 29th July and has actually been signed for at delivery. (I had it sent to my office so the reception had received it)

Hope this helps. Basically I would not have got it so 'soon' if I had not sent an Urgent Treatment Fax.

Cheers

marbin
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Visa

Post by marbin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:23 am

What kind of urgent request you sent? If it is personal then please dont discuss, otherwise you may give us a guideline.

Thanks in advance!!!
chris67 wrote:Hi all,

Called HO on 29th July 2008 and informed case is being looked at and will receive visa soon.
Called HO on 30th July and the guy was really nice and said it was posted on 29th July and has actually been signed for at delivery. (I had it sent to my office so the reception had received it)

Hope this helps. Basically I would not have got it so 'soon' if I had not sent an Urgent Treatment Fax.

Cheers

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Delay in Visa process

Post by tieronevisa » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Yesterday i got one mail from my organization. Just wanted to share this with you all. The content of the mail was:
===========================================

Delay in UK visas

UK High Commission is facing technical problems in issuance of the visas. Since 23rd July visas are not issued. As per the High Commission IT experts are working in resolving this, however we may anticipate it may take additional two to three days to resolve the issue.

We request employees to plan their travel accordingly.

Regards,

=========================================

Thanks.

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:06 pm

Managed to get in touch with HO and the guy said they are currently considering applications dated 18th Jun.

jkotha2000

Re: Delay in Visa process

Post by jkotha2000 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:33 pm

tieronevisa wrote:Hi Guys,

Yesterday i got one mail from my organization. Just wanted to share this with you all. The content of the mail was:
===========================================

Delay in UK visas

UK High Commission is facing technical problems in issuance of the visas. Since 23rd July visas are not issued. As per the High Commission IT experts are working in resolving this, however we may anticipate it may take additional two to three days to resolve the issue.

We request employees to plan their travel accordingly.

Regards,

=========================================

Thanks.
I feel this message is not for UK, It is as Home office not high commission..

SW
- thin ice -

Post by SW » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 pm

Cheers
Hi All

I have just joined the discussion board and have been viewing it - I think its great and everyone is really helpful.

I have applied for WP > Tier 1 on 4th June and got a confirmatio from HO that they have recieved it . After that havent heard back yet - when I called HO didnt provide much information said the same that they have been working on Applications since 10th June.

I am really getting worried!

Thanks

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_seeker » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi dude ,

There is no need of getting worried. I think the processing time of various applications vary from one applicant to another depending on its complexity. Just to let you know we have people in this forum who have submitted in the month of May'08 and are still waiting for their documents.

Have patience and keep your fingers crossed :)
SW wrote:

Cheers
Hi All

I have just joined the discussion board and have been viewing it - I think its great and everyone is really helpful.

I have applied for WP > Tier 1 on 4th June and got a confirmatio from HO that they have recieved it . After that havent heard back yet - when I called HO didnt provide much information said the same that they have been working on Applications since 10th June.

Thanks

SW
- thin ice -

Post by SW » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:02 pm

tier1_seeker wrote:Hi dude ,

There is no need of getting worried. I think the processing time of various applications vary from one applicant to another depending on its complexity. Just to let you know we have people in this forum who have submitted in the month of May'08 and are still waiting for their documents.

Have patience and keep your fingers crossed :)

Many Thanks for your reply - can only wait then....

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:09 am

Hi SW,

My application was also filed on 4th June and I am also waiting :(
It looks to me that 4th june applications are with the same case worker and he might have gone for summer vacation.
SW wrote:

Cheers
Hi All

Thanks

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:16 pm

hello folks. Got a query regarding maintenance. When they say 3 months period, can we decide to choose the dates. For eg my statements are generated from 23-22 every month. If I apply on 5th august, can I mention that I have maintained funds from 1st may to 31st July? Basically I have ordered another statement from 23ed July to 31st July. Please sugget if this is going to be ok?

bgmdude

Post by bgmdude » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Any updates today..? Did any one recieved documents? Guys, please post if any of you have recieved approvals today.

SW
- thin ice -

Post by SW » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:31 pm

I think you are right - I am glad to hear that I am not the only one :(
pcmalik wrote:Hi SW,

My application was also filed on 4th June and I am also waiting :(
It looks to me that 4th june applications are with the same case worker and he might have gone for summer vacation.
SW wrote:

Cheers
Hi All

Thanks

orangetick
Newly Registered

Post by orangetick » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Hello Everyone,

I applied for Tier1 on 12th June from UK as student dependant.
All points were awarded but application refused because I cannot switch from UK.

I am working as IT professional from last 7 years, with a UK blue chip company.

They asked me to complete dependants form after 5 weeks.
But after 2 weeks received all my documents back with refusal lettery to apply from INDIA.

I was been advised by their call centre to apply.

I lost £750 fees and my 20 points as I have passed my 28th Birthday.

I will really appreciate if any one can help.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 pm

orangetick wrote:I applied for Tier1 on 12th June from UK as student dependant.
Nothing you can do .. except apply for Tier 1 from your home country. The UKBA website clearly mentions the following:
Employment and switching rules wrote:Switching in to the points-based system
Dependants may not switch into any category of the points-based system in their own right. If your dependants later want to be in the United Kingdom under the points-based system in their own right, they will have to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance (permission to enter the United Kingdom).

On the other hand, your spouse (as a student) can apply for Tier 1 from within UK and you can switch from student dependent to Tier 1 dependent from within UK.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

why some applications are processed late

Post by tier1_seeker » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 pm

sushdmehta - Do you have any idea why processing of some applications are delayed very much ? Is it because of the complexity of the applications or depends on Caseworker ?

I have been seeing scenarious where applicants have been waiting for till 6months to get their documents back !!

Please share your thoughts..

orangetick
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by orangetick » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:15 am

Thank you for your reply.

I could have applied for HSMP before 30th June and got entry clearance from INDIA.

Again Thanks for your reply

pcmalik

Status

Post by pcmalik » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:50 am

Hi Beever,

Have you received your documents? Please can you let us know status of your application?
beever wrote:hi all,

i am on same day as baheri - 28th april and still have not got my passport back yet...this week is the 10th week so will call later to enquire what is going on..

i knw what you mean baheri, we missed 2 weddings. one in france another in malaysia...total wasted close to £1k.

will update if i hear from them

laskk

Hi Guys,

Post by laskk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:43 am

Hello All,

Is their any good news so for!

Any body try to contact BA. Plz update urs reviews.

Regards,
Laskk

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi All,

I am new to the form and hoping to apply for Tier 1 (General) visa from UK at the start of September. I am just wondering the form members who have already received their extension approval for Tier 1 (General), do you guys had to write any cover letters as we used to do with old HSMP format?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you help!

Jay

prathap
Newly Registered

got it

Post by prathap » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:20 pm

hi
all,i am happy to share my happiness

yes i got my visa stamped

fresh application tier 1 from student
application posted 26 june 2008
payment accepted 27 june 2008
referance no july 1 2008