ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration as British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zakarhussain
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Child Registration as British

Post by zakarhussain » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 am

i got british citizenship april 2016.my son born 2010.he is living now uk on dependant visa and my wife on 2.5 y spouse visa...can i apply for registration ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Registration as British

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:53 am

Was he born abroad or in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:53 am

Assuming if your son is on dependant visa then he is born abroad. My understanding is that if you have british passport then your dependents no need to wait for 1 yr after ILR and can apply for naturalization and your child can register as BC. But before that they need to get the ILR. Probably CR001 and other seniors will be able to help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:33 pm

ram14esh wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:53 am
Assuming if your son is on dependant visa then he is born abroad. My understanding is that if you have british passport then your dependents no need to wait for 1 yr after ILR and can apply for naturalization and your child can register as BC. But before that they need to get the ILR. Probably CR001 and other seniors will be able to help.
NOT necessarily. Many UK born children have dependent visas based on parents visa for travel purposes!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.