ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application- dependent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Diana13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Online application- dependent

Post by Diana13 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 am

Sorry if this question was before, I cannot find exactly my situation
We are EEU members applying for BC this month, my partner, my son and myself. We received settled status last year in January. Can you please help me with this question?
“Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time ? “
My son is 20 years old, finished the college and going this year to uni, but decided to have one year break . He doesn’t work He is dependent? Should I answer yes?
Thank you very much!

ram14esh

Re: Online application- dependent

Post by ram14esh » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:55 am

“Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time ? “

I have noticed this question as well. Not sure what should answer if the spouse is applying for naturalization and the kids are registering as BC?

Diana13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Online application- dependent

Post by Diana13 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Confused about the question, because a dependent is a person who relies on another, especially a family member, for financial support.That’s my son. He doesn’t work. Not applying with you at this time? He does. But not on the same application, on his own. But in the same day and I am gonna pay for both.