ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All Proof of earning from same source

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijaymaghnani

All Proof of earning from same source

Post by vijaymaghnani » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:17 am

I am working for a government bank...

My Documents for Earning are

1) Pay Slips signed by Branch Manager - In the capacity as Line Manager
2) Employer Certificate Signed by Branch Manager - As Line Manager
3) Account Statement (As i m salary account in the same branch) Signed by Branch Manager- In the capacity as branch manager

4) I do have over 6 Lacs in the same salary account to meet maintenance fund requirement. The account statement for this purpose will be signed by the same Branch Manager..

5) Tax Return is not covering the entire period claimed....

Now as per requirement i have to show effidence from two different source..Here all docuements are signed by same branch manager..

What should i do?

ANOTHER PROBLEM
----------------------

I am working part time on a Contract of 2 years as team memeber with an advertising firm..they pay me though cheque, which i deposit to my same salary account . they do not issue any pay slip and the salary is not tax deductable....
How to show this earning?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:45 pm

It is just a co-incidence that you are employed by the same bank where you hold your salary account!! And I guess it would be the case for any person employed in a bank (why would a bank open a salary account for employees in another bank??)

Your bank statements will still be treated as evidence from a "bank" - rather than from an employer! Try to get your payslips / bank statements signed by different individuals (e.g.- payslips by HR, and bank statements by branch manager).

Why have you got your bank statements signed - aren't they original? And why do you need an employer certificate to prove earnings??

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vijaymaghnani

Post by vijaymaghnani » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:55 am

Thank you ...sushdmehta
Why have you got your bank statements signed - aren't they original? And why do you need an employer certificate to prove earnings??
Statement is orgional but we usually signed it to confirm it..

Although i am submitting all my 12 salary slip , so employer certificate is not needed but just to add an extra document..

Sushdmehta please reply to my following query...

ANOTHER PROBLEM
----------------------

I am working part time on a Contract of 2 years as team memeber with an advertising firm..they pay me though cheque, which i deposit to my same salary account . they do not issue any pay slip and the salary is not tax deductable....

Vijay Kumar

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:20 pm

vijaymaghnani wrote:I am working part time on a Contract of 2 years as team memeber with an advertising firm..they pay me though cheque, which i deposit to my same salary account . they do not issue any pay slip and the salary is not tax deductable....
Will the employer give you a letter which shows month-wise salary payouts? If so, you can use this letter and the bank statements to claim points from this contract work. If not, then I don't think you can claim points for this income as you would not have documentary evidence to prove it.

regards

vijaymaghnani

Post by vijaymaghnani » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Yes my employer will give me any certificate i want...

But what about TAX till today i have not paid tax on this earning, neither me nor my employer..

Should i get a TAX return with consulation of a Lawyer or some thing else...

will Employer Certificate and transaction showing "CLEARING" in account statement will be sufficient proof

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Depends how much hassle you want to potentially endure.

Theres a good chance that you might run into some trouble in getting your application approved when home office sees that both pieces of proof come from the same source. Of course you can detail everything explicitly in the cover letter, stating that you are employed at a bank, and its common sense to get the bank to deposit your salary into an account in the same bank. But then it may be up to the reviewer to make the judgement call.

It might be better to wait till the end of the tax year, and get your government issued tax documents. Providing that there is nothing time sensitive with your application, this may be the safer bet.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:13 pm

LankanFunkin wrote:Theres a good chance that you might run into some trouble in getting your application approved when home office sees that both pieces of proof come from the same source.
Bank statements of an account held in a bank are issued by *the bank*, and not an employer (if even the bank happens to be the employer, as in this case)!

It is important to understand what "same source" means - in the Tier 1 context.

regards

vijaymaghnani

What about my part time job

Post by vijaymaghnani » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:57 am

To be at safer side i will be contacting a TAX Lawyer to get TAX return...

But dear what about my 2nd job(Part Time )

My employer will give me any certificate i want...

What about TAX, till today i have not paid tax on this earning, neither me nor my employer..

Will Employer Certificate and transaction showing "CLEARING" in account statement will be sufficient proof

vijay

[/list]