ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA member claiming for spousal visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Macaela May
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non-EEA member claiming for spousal visa

Post by Macaela May » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 pm

I am a Non EEA family member with PR in the UK obtained in May 2017. My husband and I got married in March 2019 and I would like him to join me in the UK can anyone advise on the visa I should obtain for him and the necessary requirements thereof. He is a Zimbabwean citizen. Would he qualify as I am not necessarily the EU National my mother is and I joined her as a dependent in 2006. Would my spouse have rights to apply under our Non EEA status or must he try another visa perhaps or is there no hope for him to join me :(
We do not have kids together as yet but would love to start a family if he can join me.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Non-EEA member claiming for spousal visa

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:04 am

As you have PR husband could apply for Family Permit to join you in the UK - you are the sponsor.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Macaela May
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Macaela May » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:23 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:04 am
As you have PR husband could apply for Family Permit to join you in the UK - you are the sponsor.
Many thanks for the revert. Do you perhaps know how long I need to be working for before applying, how long we would need to be married for, what are the necessary requirements in terms of paperwork and proof of marriage etc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 am

alterhase58 wrote:
OP is a NON EU citizen with PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Macaela May
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Macaela May » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:10 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 am
alterhase58 wrote:
OP is a NON EU citizen with PR.
Sorry I am not familiar with the terms what is OP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:20 am

OP = Original Poster.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Macaela May
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Macaela May » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:20 am
OP = Original Poster.
Many thanks.
Yes I am a Non Eu citizen with PR in the UK. Living with my mother who is the EU citizen of Irish decent but now has PR as well in the UK. Would this affect my husbands chances?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:59 am

I understand you obtained your PR following the EEA route as a dependent of your mother who is an EEA national.

However, as you hold a PR now, this dependency to your mother is no longer relevant to your current immigration status. It's merely a social dependency more than anything else.

Unless your husband is dependent on your EEA mother too, she can't sponsor him. So you have to sponsor your husband under UK rules. If you don't work and are socially dependent on your mother, I don't see this happening.

Macaela May
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Macaela May » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:59 am
I understand you obtained your PR following the EEA route as a dependent of your mother who is an EEA national.

However, as you hold a PR now, this dependency to your mother is no longer relevant to your current immigration status. It's merely a social dependency more than anything else.

Unless your husband is dependent on your EEA mother too, she can't sponsor him. So you have to sponsor your husband under UK rules. If you don't work and are socially dependent on your mother, I don't see this happening.
Thank you so much for your response.