ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Representative of overseas business with dependents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stephystephy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Representative of overseas business with dependents

Post by stephystephy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:19 am

Dear all,

My hubby is applying for work visa as a sole rep. He stated in his application that his wife and two children will be going with him to the UK.
1. Do we still need to apply for dependent visa separately?
2. The fee for all four of us would be GBP 610 that we don’t need to pay for extra visa fee?
3. When the website redirect us to pay for IHS, it shows that my hubby does not have any dependents and paid for himself only. Isn’t it strange?

Thanks for any help.

Stephy.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Representative of overseas business with dependents

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:28 am

1. Do we still need to apply for dependent visa separately?
Yes, you need to apply separately as a dependent.
2. The fee for all four of us would be GBP 610 that we don’t need to pay for extra visa fee?
The fee is £610 for EACH person applying. You also EACH have to pay the Immigration health Surcharge.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next
3. When the website redirect us to pay for IHS, it shows that my hubby does not have any dependents and paid for himself only. Isn’t it strange?
Nothing strange about it. That would be because he has only applied for himself in the form. You need to complete you own form as a dependent.,
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stephystephy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by stephystephy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:41 am

CR001, thank you so much!
I have got dependent visa applications submitted for my two sons and myself. We didn’t go for express visa. 15 working days would be the lead time. Let’s see how it goes.

Sure there will be more questions afterwards. Nice to have this forum accompanied. Thanks!

Stephy.

stephystephy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by stephystephy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:07 am

The visa is granted with dependents. We will be landing there this March.

As the requirement of extending our stay after three years, we are establishing a subsidiary there in the UK. The subsidiary needs a bank account. However, as subsidiary 100% owned by the overseas mother company, it is not easy to open bank account in the UK. Many banks are not willing to open account for this kind of company.

Anyone here can provide good advice on this?

Thanks!!

Stephy.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:52 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

reza9216
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by reza9216 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:07 am

Great to know....Congratulations!

As for the business registration (the parent company) is it required to provide the documents for the where the office or the factory is based? i mean the rental agreement? Also did you provide some sort of work permission issued by the government for the parent company in the home country?

Regards
Reza

stephystephy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by stephystephy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:39 am

reza9216 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:07 am
Great to know....Congratulations!

As for the business registration (the parent company) is it required to provide the documents for the where the office or the factory is based? i mean the rental agreement? Also did you provide some sort of work permission issued by the government for the parent company in the home country?

Regards
Reza
We provided the cert of incorporation, Company’s accounting reports, a short company description.

Stephy.