ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEPENDENT VISA FOR A CHILD BORN IN THE UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lagbaja
Newly Registered

DEPENDENT VISA FOR A CHILD BORN IN THE UK

Post by lagbaja » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi all,
I am a bit confused. i hold a valid HSMP Visa which will be expiring sometime in 2010. I am expecting my baby in August and would like to travel to my home country in December as my baby's father is there.
When applying for a dependent visa for the baby befoe leaving the UK, do i need to show maintenance fund of £800 for my self and £533 for the baby or is it just £533 for the baby as i am applying for the baby alone.
Again, i have been in the Uk for 4yrsin the following categories:
2004- 2007( student visa)
2007-2008(Science and Engineering graduate scheme)
March 2008- Date( HSMP Participant)
Do i still fall under the category of been in the Uk for my than 12 month for maintenance fund.
Pls help :?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:24 am

1. Only 533 pounds (read para 33 of the Tier 1 dependent policy guidance).
2. If you've been UK since 2004, that makes it more than 12 months! :lol:

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

lagbaja
Newly Registered

Post by lagbaja » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:33 pm

One of my questions still remain unanswered. Do i have to show maintenance fee (£800) for my self as well as(£533) for my baby?
Pls advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:39 pm

lagbaja wrote:One of my questions still remain unanswered. Do i have to show maintenance fee (£800) for my self as well as(£533) for my baby?
Pls advice.
:cry:
If you read para 33 of the policy guidance (linked above) - as advised earlier, it will become evident to you that the question was indeed answered but you failed to understand / realize it.

:roll:
regards

Dabroos
Newly Registered

Post by Dabroos » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
If you read para 33 of the policy guidance (linked above) - as advised earlier, it will become evident to you that the question was indeed answered but you failed to understand / realize it.

regards
Just for the record.

Your replies are often rude and patronizing which tends to ruin the valuable advice within them.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:38 pm

I would rather say its not so. When members post questions they should be willing to do some research on their own too. And mildly scolding someone to atleast have a look at a link which was provided as an answer should not be categorised as being rude.
Dabroos wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

regards
Just for the record.

Your replies are often rude and patronizing which tends to ruin the valuable advice within them.

lagbaja
Newly Registered

Post by lagbaja » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:15 pm

I agree with Dabroos, sudshmetha is really rude. pls bottle up ur ego and keep ur responses to urself if u think u can not help rather than replying people as if they are ur kids

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:58 pm

I am with push_hsmp here, sushdmehta is not being rude. Most people who respond here do it voluntarily and are not paid. If you can't make a little effort and read through the reply, it's difficult getting help.

Unless you don't help yourself, it is not fait to expect others to help you.

Dabroos
Newly Registered

Post by Dabroos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 pm

arsenalsri wrote:I am with push_hsmp here, sushdmehta is not being rude. Most people who respond here do it voluntarily and are not paid. If you can't make a little effort and read through the reply, it's difficult getting help.

Unless you don't help yourself, it is not fait to expect others to help you.
I agree with you but the message can be delivered in a better more respectful way as you just did in the above quote.

Why the sarcasm and patronization!

punitsahni
Newly Registered

How to get dependent visa for UK born child

Post by punitsahni » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:58 pm

Dear Friends,
I am on HSMP visa granted in March 2008 for two years. My wife is dependent on me. My son was born in May 2008. I want to get dependent visa stamped on my UK born child’s passport. How should I proceed to get visa for my son.
Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

punitsahni
Newly Registered

Post by punitsahni » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Hello Vinny.
Thanx for your response, My querry was how to get visa stamped. What forms I need? How much fees is? Where to send. Which document have to be sent with it?
Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:09 am

punitsahni wrote:My querry was how to get visa stamped. What forms I need? How much fees is? Where to send. Which document have to be sent with it?
Regards
FLR(O)

regards