ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for help on visa for ILR dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

myukqueries
United Kingdom

Request for help on visa for ILR dependent

Post by myukqueries » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:57 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding the dependent ILR too.

I was granted ILR under Tier 2 in Sep 2019. My wife has been my Tier 2 dependent since March 2015 and she is still has PBS dependent visa valid till Sep 2020. She will be eligible for ILR next month.

I just tried to have a look at the form and the form starts with asking questions about me and which visa i have been granted (only feasible option here appears to be Tier2 - athough i already have ILR. Doesnt give me an option for that...) and it also asks about my spnsor license number?

My only question is why is it asking me this? Is this normal?
I have actually now left my employer since i got the ILR status and I am planning to set up something else.

Although having gone to the end of the application, it hasnt actually asked for any documentation for the sponsor. Its fairly basic documents that it has asked... passport, BRP, consent, etc.
So i guess it should be okay...?

Has anyone been in this situation recently?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Request for help on visa for ILR dependent

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:14 am

It is normal. Enter Tier 2 and enter your old sponsor licence number too
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

myukqueries
United Kingdom

Post by myukqueries » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:56 pm

Hi guys,

Can you also clarify if PBS dependent can apply for ILR 28 days earlier from when the 5 years are complete?

Could you also confirm if there is any such rule that you have to be in the country in the last 30 days from the date of application?
My wife will be due to apply for ILR at end of Feb but she was planning to go back home.
Can she apply straight away (assuming she is eligible) when she is back from her home country or is there any such rule?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:06 am

Can you also clarify if PBS dependent can apply for ILR 28 days earlier from when the 5 years are complete?
Anyone applying for ILR can apply within 28 days of becoming eligible
Could you also confirm if there is any such rule that you have to be in the country in the last 30 days from the date of application?
No such rule exists
Can she apply straight away (assuming she is eligible) when she is back from her home country or is there any such rule?
Yes she can apply when she comes back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

myukqueries
United Kingdom

Post by myukqueries » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks for clarifying this.

Can you also confirm that documents showing cohabitation is necessary?

I have just completed a draft form and it hasnt asked about any cohabitation proof.

So i guess its okay?
Is it true if cohabitation is only necessary if you are applying together and not required if both are applying separately?

Finally, if necessary, does a tenancy agreement count as cohabitation evidence?

We can give bank statements showing same address, utility bill for last one year, tenancy agreement.

Thanks for all your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 pm

Cohabitation documents is required when the dependant is applying as they need to prove their relationship is subsisting. ANY document can be used