ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from bank for maintenance fund

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Letter from bank for maintenance fund

Post by Urwaha » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 am

Should the letter given by bank for maintenance fund show the amount of money in GBP as well?

I am applying for Tier 4 visa from India and in the online form I have selected letter from bank as evidence of maintenance fund requirement. I have got the letter from the bank, but they have not written the current balance or minimum balance for 28 days in GBP. Everything is written in INR. They refused to mention the conversion rate as well. I have bank statements and bank passbook as well just in case.
Is that okay? If so do I have to take a print out of conversion rate from oanda website? Or anything else?

Please help it's urgent.

Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Letter from bank for maintenance fund

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:47 am

This is covered in the guidance for applicants:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student

See paragraph 108 for what a bank letter must include, and paragraphs 96-97 for what to do when using funds held in a foreign currency. Paragraph 96 says "we will expect you to show (in writing on your application form) the closing balance in pounds sterling" but this is of course impossible on an online form, so you need to write the conversion on the letter or as a separate note which you upload with the letter.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Urwaha » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:59 am

Thank you for the reply.

As the bank letter does not show closing balance in GBP, should the seperate note saying that be from the bank or I can write it?

Also, I have chosen for scanning and uploading supporting documents by the staff at the visa application centre, so will they be able to upload the additional note with the bank letter?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:05 am

Urwaha wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:59 am
As the bank letter does not show closing balance in GBP, should the seperate note saying that be from the bank or I can write it?
As advised, see paragraph 96 of the applicant's guidance.
Urwaha wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:59 am
Also, I have chosen for scanning and uploading supporting documents by the staff at the visa application centre, so will they be able to upload the additional note with the bank letter?
You are really over-thinking this! If this is a genuine concern for you, just write the conversion on the bank letter instead.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Urwaha » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:42 am

Thank you for the reply.

The bank refused to write it on the bank letter, that is why I am concerned.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:04 am

Urwaha wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:42 am
The bank refused to write it on the bank letter, that is why I am concerned.
Hopefully you can now see from the applicant guidance that it is your own responsibility to note the conversion anyway, not the bank's.

Urwaha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Urwaha » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:14 am

Yes, thank you.