ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/ dependant work permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pam pam
Newly Registered

Spouse/ dependant work permit

Post by pam pam » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone really understands the application procedure for spouse/dependant work permit.

I recently completed my third level education and came in as a minor at the age of 16 to join my dad who is a doctor. Do I just apply for the permit on my own or wait till I get a job because someone told me no labour market test will be undertaken and it doesn't matter the occupation.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi there,

found the following in dete's guidelines -

I am over 18 years of age and am a dependant of an Employment Permit Holder and have residence in the State on that basis – I have now finished my studies, am I entitled to avail of this Scheme?

Yes. This Scheme is available, on an exceptional basis, to dependants who have reached the age of 18. These applications will be dealt with strictly on a case-by-case basis and can only be considered for dependants who arrived in the State while still minors and whose immigration status in the State is in order.

The link to this PDF is - http://www.entemp.ie/publications/labou ... ousals.pdf. Not sure what the "exceptional circumstances" mean.

It does say that if it is refused, then you can reapply under the work permit/green card category. Unfortunately the normal requirements are there.

pam pam
Newly Registered

Post by pam pam » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks, but the link isn't working

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:34 pm

pam pam
Newly Registered

Post by pam pam » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks, d new link is working