ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residency ILR 10 years -Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samprathisoumya
Newly Registered
India

Long Residency ILR 10 years -Dependant

Post by samprathisoumya » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi all,

I want to know whether I can apply for ILR Long Residency 10 year route with my husband, my husband has come to UK in May 2010, But I came to UK in August 2010. We are planning to file our ILR long residency in May 1st week/2nd week. Can I also apply as dependant with my husband ILR application under 10 year route or do I need to wait until August/July 2020 in order to apply for my ILR in order to complete 10 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residency ILR 10 years -Dependant

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:59 pm

No you can't. Set(LR) does NOT permit dependents to apply with the main applicant.

You have to apply when you meet the requirement of 10 years long residence, which start counting from the date you entered the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samprathisoumya
Newly Registered
India

Post by samprathisoumya » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:21 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. My Daughter is born in UK on 2014, will she be able to apply for ILR along with my husband who will complete 10 years in May. She is now 5.5 years old.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:28 pm

samprathisoumya wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:21 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. My Daughter is born in UK on 2014, will she be able to apply for ILR along with my husband who will complete 10 years in May. She is now 5.5 years old.
No. SET(LR) has no concept of dependant as you must apply on your own and qualify on your own.
UK born children can be registered as British once one parent gets ILR. Use form MN1
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samprathisoumya
Newly Registered
India

Post by samprathisoumya » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Thank you for the update.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:13 pm

samprathisoumya wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:59 pm
My husband has applied for UK NAaric English language assessement for his degree certificate from india. He got the certificate from UK Naaric in 2016, we are now eligible to file our ILR will he be able to use the same photocopy of the certificate for ILR or need to apply for a new certificate again from UK Naaric.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:15 pm

Insofar as it was the correct UKNARIC confirmation (click) it should still be acceptable.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.