ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel before Settlement Scheme Application reply

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

Travel before Settlement Scheme Application reply

Post by dialectic » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Hello members

Me and my partner recently applied for the settlement scheme. She holds a Permanent Residence Document and I hold a Biometrics permits (EU family member) we married in 2018 so I would be applying for pre-settled status. We both scanned our documents with the phone so didn't have to send anything via post. I received the COA almost immediately after applying via email

I have to travel for work, I reckon I would be just showing my BRP as usual when coming back at the beginning of February?

Thanks a lot :)

kamoe
European Union

Re: Travel before Settlement Scheme Application reply

Post by kamoe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:33 pm

dialectic wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:41 pm
I have to travel for work, I reckon I would be just showing my BRP as usual when coming back at the beginning of February?
First of all, If you have an EU biometric document, what you have is a BRC (C for card), not BRP (P for permit, which is for Tier-based applications, not EU family members).

Yes, passport + BRC as usual will be fine. Your BRC is valid until December 31st 2020.

In fact, since you already have a valid BRC you won't be receiving any other card at all when your application outcome comes in. So it does not matter if you travel before or after your status is confirmed, you still have to travel with your BRC.

If you want to absolutely have a physical card to show your status within the Settlement Scheme, then you need to proactively apply to "convert" your BRC; see this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:38 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:33 pm
dialectic wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:41 pm
First of all, If you have an EU biometric document, what you have is a BRC (C for card), not BRP (P for permit, which is for Tier-based applications, not EU family members).

Yes, passport + BRC as usual will be fine. Your BRC is valid until December 31st 2020.

In fact, since you already have a valid BRC you won't be receiving any other card at all when your application outcome comes in. So it does not matter if you travel before or after your status is confirmed, you still have to travel with your BRC.

If you want to absolutely have a physical card to show your status within the Settlement Scheme, then you need to proactively apply to "convert" your BRC; see this post.
Thank you very much Kamoe. If I can get in with my BRC that's what I needed to know :)

Apologies for the misspelling :)

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:44 pm

dialectic wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:38 pm
Thank you very much Kamoe. If I can get in with my BRC that's what I needed to know :)
Anytime. Just keep in mind we will all might have to apply to convert our BRCs into Settlement cards eventually come Decembre 2020, as they will not be valid in 2021.
Apologies for the misspelling :)
No worries, I just like to correct everything for the benefit of the community ;)
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.