ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE WITHOUT DATE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newirishman
Newly Registered
Ireland

NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE WITHOUT DATE

Post by newirishman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Hi experts, please help. I got my Naturalisation certificate yesterday in ceremony and today, while applying for passport online, I realised that there is no date printed on certificate. What should I do. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE WITHOUT DATE

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:13 pm

The dates are handwritten by the council and the same date as your ceremony. It is usually at the bottom right hand corner.

It is not a printed date from HO.

Go back to the council to get it corrected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newirishman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by newirishman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:30 pm

Council issued me with a separate certificate of citizenship dated 17th January 2020 but the Naturalisation certificate issued by Home Office London remained blank without any entry of date . Will that suffice or council has to put date on Home office certificate too? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 pm

There is only one certificate you get at the ceremony, issued by the home office. There is no "separate" certificate.

The one certificate should have a handwritten date in, ie the date of your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newirishman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by newirishman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 pm
There is only one certificate you get at the ceremony, issued by the home office. There is no "separate" certificate.

The one certificate should have a handwritten date in, ie the date of your ceremony.
Many thanks for your reply
I actually got 2 certificates. 1 was from home office, as Certificate of Naturalisation and that is not been dated while other one is from county council and it states Certificate of Citizenship and is signed by local registration officer and dated 17th January 2020 (date of ceremony), hence the confusion. I'll go to the council office on Monday and we'll see what'll be the outcome.Fingers crossed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:48 pm

That is unusual as the council doesn't have authority to issue and grant citizenship. Only the home office has that authority and issues a naturalisation certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:50 pm

If I can venture a guess: is it possible that

1. A letter from HO that you recieved by post informing you of the decision and other details. This is NOT a certificate.

2. A certificate given to you by the council with a handwritten date on it, the date of the ceremony. This is the HO certificate that the council gives you but doesn't issue.

If this is the case, then there is no issue as you have the ceritificate with a date. The letter is extra evidence but not certificate - you need to have attended a ceremony to become British.

Please let us know of the outcome for others' benefit.

newirishman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by newirishman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:01 pm

UPDATE:

I DID receive 2 certificates, one from HO (I think we all get this one) and second from our county council for whatever worth it is.

HO certificate had no date written, so I have had to go back to get the date written (some one in county council office just laughed and put the date in !!!).

I've got my first UK adult passport now (burgundy) so I guess its all good and done.

Thanks for all the support.

I am signing off from here.

Best wishes to all waiting for decisions. It'll definitely come, just wait patiently.

Regards