ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of address for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SAMAWAL8989
Newly Registered
Sudan

Proof of address for ILR

Post by SAMAWAL8989 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi,
I am applying for ILR the end of this month (Jan 2020). Regarding the proof of address, I believe I have to submit 6 letters addressed to me and my partner jointly, or provide items addressed to each of us individually. My questions are:
1- how many types of letters I should use to cover the period? for example, if I have just bank statements and HM Revenue type of letters cover the period, would that be enough or I need to more vary the sources?

2- what is the best way of distributing the evidence across the 2.5 years?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of address for ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:26 pm

SAMAWAL8989 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:04 pm
Hi,
I am applying for ILR the end of this month (Jan 2020). Regarding the proof of address, I believe I have to submit 6 letters addressed to me and my partner jointly, or provide items addressed to each of us individually. My questions are:
1- how many types of letters I should use to cover the period? for example, if I have just bank statements and HM Revenue type of letters cover the period, would that be enough or I need to more vary the sources?
You need 6 pieces of evidence in joint names, or 6 each if all in single names (12) from at least 3 different sources.
2- what is the best way of distributing the evidence across the 2.5 years? One example every 4-5 months over the qualifying period, or two examples if in single names.

Thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SAMAWAL8989
Newly Registered
Sudan

Re: Proof of address for ILR

Post by SAMAWAL8989 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Thanks Casa